Book of Revelation

(Priscilla) #1

In the last days, it appears that supernatural signs and wonders from the Beast will deceive even the elect. How would mere Christians like me be able to overcome being deceived if others of this our generation were to endure those “end” days?

(Godlove) #2

Hello Priscilla!
That’s a thoughtful question. Personally, I believe the believer’s walk in the faith requires being led by the Spirit. In 1 Timothy 4:1, it speaks of the doctrine of devils. The word of God declares that the Spirit shall lead us into all truth ( John 16:13 ). One way we could free our hearts and minds from being deceived in this age aside a biblical justification is to allow the Spirit of God to lead us.
In Revelation 13, we see the emergence of the beasts. Their central interest was on image worshipping ( vrs 14,15). And as I learnt from Dr Ravi, when Jesus said “give unto Ceazar what belongs to Ceazar and to God what belongs to God”, they should have asked him what should they give to God. We believe Jesus’ response would’ve been “Whose image is on you?”.
Our worship should be to God through Christ.
Hope this helped?
God bless you.

(SeanO) #3

@mutts Jesus intercedes for those who belong to Him. No one - not even satan - can take you out of His hands. He will lead us into all truth if we truly belong to Him and seek to honor Him as best as we are able.

Luke 22:31 - 32 - “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Hebrews 7:25 - Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Understanding Revelation

The way you interpret Revelation obviously has a huge influence on how understand the Antichrist in Revelation. The historicists may view the Antichrist as a Pope from the Middle Ages. The futurist will likely believe the Antichrist is going to rise up at some point - perhaps from a renewed Roman Empire. The partial preterist will argue for Nero or another Roman emperor. The idealist will say there is no historical person - rather it is just a symbol for all powerful persecutors of the Church.

1 - Futurist - the idea that most of Revelation will occur at the end of history right before the return of Christ
2 - Partial Preterist - most of Revelation was fulfillment by the events surrounding the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD and now we only await the return of Christ and new heavens / new earth
3 - Idealist - Revelation has no historical fulfillment - it is instead a depiction of the great struggle that is ongoing in every generation between God’s Kingdom and evil world empires
4 - Historicist - each section of Revelation represents a different portion of history - so we could break history into chunks of a few hundred years and correlate them to Revelation (Roman Empire, Muslim invasions, Papacy) - this view is not common anymore

(Matt Western) #4

Hi Priscilla,
I’m just curious as to the passages referring that the Beast will deceive the elect. The only two verses I can think of is Matthew 24:24 and Mark 13:22 : and they both appear to say ‘if it were possible, even the elect could be deceived’.

Does the phrase ‘if it were possible’ infer that it is impossible for the elect to be deceived, because of the indwelling Holy Spirit that helps us to discern truth from error? (the elect simply being the church, the bride of Christ)…

Did you find some other passages referring to the elect being deceived?

Hope that’s helpful…
M

(Claire N Streb) #5

@mutts Hi Priscilla, whenever I start to get concerned about this, I always say: I will know my Shepherd’s voice.

This reminds me how faithful He is.

This is based on John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” and John 10:14 “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,”

Praise God! Thank you Jesus, I will love You forever and ever!