Bota Duisen

Hello everyone!
My name is Bota and I come from Kazakhstan, Almaty.

What led you to join Connect?
I don’t come from a Christian background, I converted to Christianity 3 years ago. And my life has never been the same since. When I started spreading the Gospel to my family, friends and colleagues I was lit with fire but then they started asking a lot of different questions that I didn’t have an answer to. So this year I started my studies and research and glad that I came across the RZIM, I joined the Core Module course and here I am in Connect as well :grin:

How do you hope to contribute?
I am not sure yet but with the help of God’s guidance I pray that I contribute something meaningful here. Also very much excited to be a part of this community. :))

5 Likes

Hi @Bota, it is very nice to meet you, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: The core module is is such a helpful course in how to address those tough questions. My faith and confidence increased after taking it myself. I trust you will find connect to be helpful as well. If you ever feel led to share your testimony of how you became a Christian, there is a place here for that
https://connect.rzim.org/c/christian-growth/member-testimonies/150
I do pray you and family are safe and well🙏🏼
Enjoy browsing through the various conversations and feel free to share your thoughts and insight :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello Bota, I share a belated welcome to God our Fathers family. May His riches in love flow freely from you to your family and loved one as you search for the answers they are looking for.
Thank you for sharing your heart and desire with us here on connect. I know there is a wealth of wisdom here and you will find answers and share answers with us. Be safe my new friend.
Mike

3 Likes

Hi Bota! I spent a few days in Almaty. It was a time of preparation before going to Dushanbe for a summer exchange program. It is really nice to meet you through this online platform.

I hope you will share many questions with the community and help us to think more careful about our faith in God.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Bota. It’s good to have you with us. Thank you for your heart and your commitment to the gospel message. Thank you also for recognizing some areas of apologetics that can be bettered. There are so many questions that get asked and we sometimes feel inadequate to address them. But remember the woman at the well had no course, no new testament - only the person of Jesus but was excited to share. Enjoy your own enthusiasm. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes