Britt Smallwood

Hi guys,

My name is Britt Smallwood. I am originally from a small town in Georgia, but now live and serve in Haiti.

I’ve been listening to RZIM for about 2 years and now have an insatiable hunger for more. I am still trying to discern what “more” looks like, whether that’s online training or the Oxford Academy. As I was looking through the website I found Connect.

I hope to be able to simply offer another perspective on topics as well as gain understanding of other viewpoints to better converse with people I interact with.

Thank you so much for your time!

Sincerely,

Britt Smallwood

7 Likes

Hello, Britt, and welcome to Connect! :slight_smile: It’s great too hear of your hunger to know God more deeply and your courage to trust His calling as a missionary to Haiti. You’ve come to the right place to learn, and I look forward to reading your posts. If you’re interested in online courses, have you considered trying the RZIM Academy? They have a variety of classes.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Britt_Smallwood. Here’s to welcoming you to “more.” Thank you for your heart and callings. I love the RZIM Academy courses. If you haven’t taken the Core Module I would highly recommend it. And if you get to do Oxford that would be a blessing. I hope you find the discourse fulfilling. God-bless you and your journey.

5 Likes

Welcome, Britt! @Britt_Smallwood
So glad you’ve joined us!

This is a great community for that edification and support you desire. I hope you continue to lean into the “more” that God has for you :heart:

Thanks for following His call to serve in Haiti! Would love to hear more of your story as you serve there- I’m sure others here would benefit from your perspective of a willingness to “go”. I know I would!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Brittany. I am very much looking into the Academy, but I’m hesitant because of my spotty internet situation in Haiti. I think the Academy does make the most sense for my next step right now though. Thanks for the advice!

4 Likes

Hello Britt! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the joy and graciousness and knowledge shared as much as I have. I pray the Lord keeps you safe as you minister in Haiti. We live in tornado alley and you live in hurricane alley! I’m glad you are building the Kingdom of God there. I hear it is a difficult field.
I hope your curiosity is sweetened and your knowledge is sharpened as you read and post here.
Shalom,
Brian

3 Likes

Keldon, thank you so much. I’m excited to be a part of this. I think the Academy is my next pursuit!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement Heidi!

3 Likes

Thank you so much Brian! That’s definitely encouraging for me to hear!

2 Likes