Can a Christian listen to subliminal messages?

(Kylie Baby Li) #1

Hey, i just knew about Subliminal two years ago. There are plenty of subliminal channels and subliminal video you can search on Youtube. It is all free and we can achieve anything we want but searching the desired subliminal, such as, “grow taller subliminal”, “lose weight subliminal”, “get pefect skin subliminal” and many more.

It is a kind of science, the affirmations of the subliminal audio pass to our subconscious mind. Our brain is the one responsible for the growth of hair, muscle, skina and everything. So what subliminals do to the brain is tell it to change, when the brain hears this, it goes. And as the bible says, words are powerful and they can make things happen. The scientific research has yet to determine the actual effectiveness of this process.

Jesus once said “if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “move from here to there,” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Subliminal are nothing else but building strong faith and believe to change to our desires.

I went around and asked people if Christian can listen to subliminals. I received answers with 50:50 which is yes and no. This makes me worry more and doubting can i continue with my subliminal journey. Is that against God and sinful if listen to them?

(Kathleen) #2

Hi, @Kyliebaby! Welcome to Connect, and thanks for asking this question. :slight_smile: Though I’ve not come across it in my life here in the UK, I’m actually really intrigued by this phenomenon. I hesitate to call anything sinful/ok that I do not understand, so I’m wondering if you can help me understand it a bit more?

• What is the point of these messages? Are they helping you overcome something? If so, why does this thing need to be overcome?
  • What do you hope to find on your subliminal journey? Have you found what you’re looking for?
  • Is God concerned with the things you’re hoping to find?
  • How do you know that these messages are what they say they are? Could they be sending you other, more destructive, messages?
  • Do you feel comfortable with making your brain/subconscious vulnerable in such a way?

These questions are quite personal, so don’t feel like you have to answer them on the forum (which is public!), but they may be good to answer them personally for yourself.

In my own mind, it all seems a bit risky, as you are opening your subconscious to messages that may not be what is advertised.

(SeanO) #3

@Kyliebaby @KMac asked some great questions. You may find the following Connect thread helpful as well.

(Kylie Baby Li) #4

Hello, @KMac. Emmanuel. I am sorry for the late reply.
• The point of these messages is we can achieve everything we want easily and effortlessly and they are free. There are many people around the world are obsessing with these messages. These messages help us to become more handsome or prettier. These messages can change our facial features. I have joined the Subliminal community gorup chat. I saw many people especially teenagers got amazing results by listening to subliminals.

• Ok, so what are the things that i am looking for on my subliminal journey. Yes. I found subliminals that help me. I wanted to change my face and transform my whole body with subliminals. Because i am fat and i want to be skinnier and sexier.

• Sorry , i dont know about this. I dont know whether God is concerning about my subliminal journey.

• the creators of the sublimianls claim that all of these subliminals are safe and no negative affirmations. And i am in the subliminal community all the people saying these subliminal makers are trustworthy.

• and yes, i am totally ok and feel comfortable with it.

(Nic Shoffner) #5

@Kyliebaby, God is concerned with everything you do so the answer to that question is a resolute yes. He also made you the way you are and He doesn’t make mistakes. You are already infinitely valuable to Him regardless of the opinions of people. There’s no need to change your looks to please others. It sounds like you’re letting Satan get in your head when you should find your identity in Christ.

I would also be concerned with the content of these hidden messages. Since you can’t perceive them consciously, you have no way of knowing what they are filling your head with and that shouldn’t settle well with any Christian. Romans 12:2 says, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Filling your head with worldly things instead of Godly things always results in conforming to the world instead of conforming to Jesus.

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi @Kyliebaby, I am so grateful for you starting this conversation. It adds another fascinating area of discussion and growth for all of us. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I wanted to share with you these verses from Psalm 119:

9 How can a young man [or woman] keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
10 With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
11 I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.

What has been your experience with memorizing God’s word? I believe that if you gave as much attention to studying and memorizing God’s word as you are considering to give to the subliminal messages, the results would be far superior. Even if you softly played an audio recording of the Bible when you slept, that would be an improvement.

I would be curious to hear what you think!