Can God make us smarter?

Hello everyone, I have a question. There are certain things I want to be good at, such as art, basketball, and video editing. I just can’t seem to learn it or be good at it. It is like my brain doesn’t work like everyone else. Can God help me with this?

2 Likes

I believe yes God can help out, but what I understand when you are aligned with His plan for u everything seems to be going in the right direction u will find that everything fit in.
And sometime what we want differ from what our mission should be, that is when we find that nothing works. I would suggest to pray for every step u want to accomplish and if what u want is aligned with what ur mission is then u will feel it and be good in it.
I do not think that God is a bank u just go and take things from like talents or jobs, I believe that God will be with u in everything u do even the things that deep in your heart it’s not your purpose, it might get harder, but everything in the beginning is hard, then u get the hang of it and life will go on, God will never impose His will on u, you have to choose it, and if u do it to glorify his name it will get easier by time.
God Bless you can do it in Jesus Name

3 Likes

What a cool question! I love your biographical note, too - “just trying to understand the mysteries of Christianity …”

I have a different brain, too. I am very dyslexic - and often see the world vastly different from others. When I sought out what Life was all truly about, it became clear that I belonged to the God who made me. That was a stunner of a realization - prior to that, I thought I belonged to myself. It soon followed that if I belonged to God, and if I was created by Him, then, what was I for? My odd way of seeing things had to be for something —-

I started to invest my prayers in doing what I was able to do naturally - and got better at those things.

If you love video-editing and basketball, it might be that those are built in gifts that you should invest prayer and practice in…

Hope this helps?

4 Likes

Thank you guys for those beautiful responses, it really helps :heart:

1 Like

Hi,
Yes, I do believe you can do that. I agree with all the answers above. I would add that finding out what the root of your desire is would be helpful. Is it only for self benefit, or could it be for your calling in life. I do also believe that God instilled passion in us to do things that we love, even though we are not brilliant at it. Follow your heart and play basketball, do it with joy, eventually it will be that you become very good at it, or it is an area where you can start talking to other players about life and God and it might just be your missionary field. Ito mastering something, I think lots of focus, every day starting the day with meditation & God, quiet time, healthy diet, showing discipline, are all Godly ways to help yourself to learn certain skills. Ask God why you love those things as well, to help you with the angle with which you should approach it. Y

1 Like

I love this question! Proverbs 9:10 tells us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I will just stick with that thought in my answer. I know many very very smart people who have absolutely no wisdom. I know very intellectually challenged people that I would trust with my life because the wisdom that they possess due to their relationship with God is immeasurable. I think of the man who was just imprisoned in China for implanting genetically altered embryos without permission. He was a super smart guy to understand how to do that but I don’t think he made a wise choice at all because he was breaking protocol and ethical boundaries.
When I was young I used to really think about God giving me the desires of my heart. I looked at it a little differently though. Instead of asking God to make me good at what I wanted to do (be an interior designer) I asked Him to give me the desires that He wanted me to have. I wanted to know His heart. That took me on an unfolding journey that led me to coaching gymnastics and now to add to that I am looking into foster care. My husband who is extremely introverted has been led to being a project manager. We all have gifts and sometimes it is in our weakness and insecurities that He works the most amazing stories.
I will leave you with Seek First the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you. He knows you so well. Commit your ways to Him and He will truly establish your paths.

2 Likes

@gabrielk, thank You for asking that question! I am so encouraged to read it and everyone’s responses. It’s a question I’m asking right now in my current circumstances too. I think the scripture that @Cynthia_Parrish has referred to is spot on and I don’t think I could have read any of this at a better time. I’m embarking on a big project I believe God has clearly called me to but it also requires me to do things like writing business plans and finance which couldn’t be further out of my comfort zone than possible. I prayed God would give me the ability and skills to write a business plan (I’d never even seen one before) and it’s now done! Likewise, I’ve been doubting my role because of my lack of credentials but it’s God who qualifies us, and bestows gifts and abilities on us. He equips us for what’s ahead because He’s asked us to do it. It’s all because I had a passion to do this project. If God has given you a passion, seek him again and again and He will equip you. I also think that we have to honour His calling by practising and working hard in those areas. We read about many characters in the Bible who were given a passion for something or called to something but there were years between Gods calling and the fruit of it. As you wait and grow, God can do amazing things in you until you’re ready for what’s He’s drawn you to. Don’t be discouraged because your mind doesn’t seem to work like everyone else’s. Trust God in all things.

3 Likes