Carol Henderson Wade

Say hello…
Hi, I am Carol Henderson Wade
Where are you from?
I am from Pickens SC but after teaching high school mathematics for 15 years the Lord opened the door for me to earn a Ph.D. at Clemson University and complete a post-doc at Harvard University and now we live in Rochester NY where I am a mathematics education professor at State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport.

What led you to join Connect?
I first heard Ravi several years ago and his logic for Jesus Christ and the Truth that is in Him was compelling. I have listed to him and read his work and joined RZIM actually just before Ravi went to his heavenly home. I want to know more about defending the faith and living that faith out loud in a world that seeks to hush that message or often denies it.

How do you hope to contribute?
I have many stories of how Christ has worked in my life but my contribution will come from the Lords guidance and open doors that He provides.

5 Likes

Welcome @cwade. So glad you are here. Amen to your wishes. Look forward to chatting with you. Feel at home.

God Bless you.

3 Likes

Hi Ms. Carol,

Welcome to connect!

You said this beautifully.

I’m in SC. and wow you came from humble beginings. Pickins is a tiny little town. It sounds like our Lord has led you on quite a journey. :slightly_smiling_face: We are looking forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

3 Likes

Welcome to connect @cwade. So many experiences you bring to this site. I hope you get to share some insight or encouragement with some of the other members. Perhaps you could even provide a testimony of how the Lord has intervened in your life. If you were so inclined please visit the category About the Member Testimonies category.

Here I think Connect will be a blessing to you. What topic or issue do you find hard to explain if any? I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Yes, Pickens is a tiny town and how God brought me from there through PhD and postdoctoral to the SUNY system is indeed something only He could do. And this is true for all of us. He works things out in our lives that only He could do all of the time. The circumstances are different but indeed this holds true for all of us: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. (1 Corinthians 2: 9).

3 Likes