Support RZIM Connect

Carol Jack

Hi, I live south of Manchester in the UK.
I did the RZIM Academy short course last year and have just completed the RZIM Academy Core Module and I am absolutely thrilled to belong to this family. I am a local preacher in the Methodist Church of Great Britain and I love to talk about Jesus. RZIM has equipped me with so much more information and confidence to share the good news than I ever thought possible. I’ve just signed up for the Why Suffering course as this appears to be one of the most popular questions asked by non-Christians and it’s so important that we have the information to share when people have questions.
I was fortunate enough to have met Ravi last year before his illness took a hold and I thank God for all he has done for Jesus.
I love the thought of connecting with other Christians across the globe, who also want to defend their faith in a fully informed and confident manner.

I look forward to talking and sharing with you.

God bless,

Cj

4 Likes

@Carol54 welcome to Connect. I am from Ireland and have also been learning lots from RZIM. I took the Why Suffering elective and found it to be very helpful. I also took the Science elective which I very much enjoyed. I am looking forward to learning from you on Connect.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Carol54. So good to have you with us. Congratulations on completing the core module as well as the short course. The the core module and the why suffering elective are probably my 2 favorite courses. Being able to give rational and hopeful help when people ask questions about pain and suffering is so helpful to connect the mind and the heart. Please do enjoy. Glad to have you with us especially with your ministerial background and foundation in apologetics. I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hi Brian,
I was torn between the Science and the Why Suffering; however the Science elective locked, which appeared to force my decision.
I’ve just retired and am loving having the time to spend with God all day; I believe that people in ministry are very fortunate to feel accountable to God in all that they do.
Looking forward to learning a lot more on this platform.
God bless you.

4 Likes

Hi Kel,

Thank you for the welcome; which other electives have you completed?
I was looking at the Islam elective and watched a couple of YouTube sessions with Nabeel Qureshi, which were amazing; what a fabulous testimony and ministry! I have friends who are Muslim and I’m praying for the right moment to start ‘that’ discussion with them, gently and respectfully and with love of course.
I look forward to learning and interacting more with brothers and sisters in Christ on this platform.

God bless.

3 Likes

I am very fortunate to have participated in all of the electives. And looked for the next one to be offered and jump on it. The courses and the interaction with the participants is said she treat. All of them have been very good and have impacted my understanding in my faith journey very positively.

The Islam elective is awesome. I don’t interact with muslims frequently. But others ask questions so some of the tenets from the course have proven instrumental in assisting. Having a general understanding is also important. That course certainly achieves that goal. Best to you.

2 Likes

Welcome to the connect @Carol54! It’s a blessing to have veterans of the ministry here to learn from! I’m hoping to take the Core Module soon! The why suffering seems to be a highlight of many here.

I haven’t had the opportunity to interact with many Muslims but am very burdened for them and have been very interested in taking the Islam elective after the core module. @Keldon_Scott, you mentioned that the Islam elective has helped with your interactions with non Muslims as well? In what ways?

1 Like