Carolyn

Say hello…Hi!

Where are you from?Ottawa, Canada

What led you to join Connect? UAI

How do you hope to contribute? Just listening and learning for now.

7 Likes

Welcome Carolyn, it is good to have you with us on Connect! Listening and learning are valuable things and there is certainly much opportunity for doing that in this forum. I pray you are blessed as you spend time reading the conversations here! :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome @Gods_Cheer! I love your username. I hope you enjoy the listening and learning stage - know that you are welcome to ask a question or contribute some thoughts anytime.

4 Likes

Welcome to Connect @Gods_Cheer! Glad you are here!

3 Likes

Welcome Carolyn it a blessing to have you join us on this amazing grace journey.
Mike

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Gods_Cheer. I hope you enjoy the seminar and this forum. We are glad you have come alongside us. Provide as much cheer as you can here.
:slight_smile: God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Nice to meet you Carolyn!

2 Likes

Hi Carolyn,
Did you attend UAI in person? I attended and was greatly blessed!! Also, I visited Ottawa several months ago. It was so beautiful but oh so cold. :slight_smile:
I hope you will be challenged and blessed with your interactions on Connect.
Blessings,
Julia Whitt

3 Likes

Welcome. You formatted your welcome message similarly to mine. Great minds think alike. :wink:

2 Likes

Love this welcome, @Keldon_Scott. Made me smile.

2 Likes

Hi, Carolyn :grinning:. Welcome to the group. Thank you for getting involved in Connect. Please chime in anytime. See ya around the threads!

2 Likes

Hi Julia, I just clicked on an email and heard about this UAI. I am in the process of working with my church on a discipleship program. God has placed this on my heart, but I do not yet feel able to lead. I was hoping to be a part of yesterday’s live stream, to deepen my understanding of Islam, but was unable to attend. I am sure the Lord will provide all the opportunities I will need to learn and grow in his timing.

2 Likes

Hi Carolyn, yes! I think you are right. God can lead you and open doors in extraordinary ways. Nabeel’s book is so so good. I have a Muslim friend from Ottawa. He has been quite insistent in his questioning of Christianity. I am learning that there are definitely certain topics that Muslims like to point out as inconsistencies and weaknesses in christianity. Hearing discussions from others who have witnessed to Muslims can be very, very helpful. Thanks to Connect, there are also a lot of knowledgable people available at our fingertips. Once you feel those doors begin to open and you feel as if you need tips, encouragement, and wisdom please reach out to others on here. I know there are many other people, with much more experience than I, who can help you in your ministry to Muslims.
Blessings,
Julia

3 Likes