Carrie Hopkins

Hello! My name is Carrie Hopkins and I am from Indiana, USA. I live, with 9 of my 12 children and husband, out in the country where we settled after a career that moved us around quite a bit. My husband and I also have two grandsons. I grew up in a legalistic Christian denomination and RZIM has helped me learn so much more about grace and how to not look down on those who have different beliefs, no mater what they are.

I listen to RZIM podcasts and heard about Connect from Vince Vitale and was intrigued. Who doesn’t have questions? I am looking forward to possibly having some of my questions answered and learning from questions that others ask as well. I have also recently completed the Core Module at the RZIM Academy which has been a wonderful experience. I am thankful for this ministry and how it teaches us to spread the love of Christ.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @gchop. You are exactly right. Everyone has questions. Congratulations on completing the core module. Wasn’t that a great foundation setting course? What questions, if any, are you grappling with? It is so good having academy alum come alongside us and help welcome and answer questions. The foundations that you have are definitely something that can be shared and will be beneficial to many here. Thank you for connecting with us. And God-bless you and your journey. I look forward to reading your posts.

1 Like

Thank you Keldon! As I struggle to figure out how to navigate this app (:wink:) I am excited about what I will learn. I often have questions that come and go in my mind but one big question is about predestination. My daughter recently informed me, after studying with her husband, that they believe in predestination in the way John Calvin teaches. All I have ever heard about it is that it is a “heretical teaching”, nothing more. So I’ve begun reading what supporters of predestination believe and why. I haven’t gotten too far but I did read a sermon by John MacArthur and started to read what Calvin himself wrote about it. I have also heard one teacher say that he believes in predestination and free will at the same time as the Bible seems to teach. I hope to get some interesting answers here. :blush:

4 Likes

That is a very good question. @SeanO has written several threads on the issue. Use the search icon. But, here is a book study thread you may find intriguing: Determined to Believe: Chapter 6 - Foreknowledge, Predestination and Election. Seek and you will find . . .

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

@gchop Welcome to Connect! So glad you are joining us here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @gchop, it’s wonderful to have you here :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for your inspiring introduction :pray:t3: I trust you will find connect a helpful place to glean from and also offer your thoughts and insight. I am thankful for this ministry as well. I see from your thread here that you are already raising a very important topic and I am sure you will get some informative responses :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow! 12 kids! I have two and am barely hanging on, haha! I love to hear of people going through evolutions in their understanding of God. I have been on a similar journey myself. Welcome!

2 Likes