Catherine Suzanne Keffer

(Catherine Keffer) #1

Say hello…
Hello to everyone! Glad to be a part of this family. Greetings, hope and peace to all!
Where are you from?
I am from Detroit, Michigan, currently live in St. Louis, Missouri, lived in Denver, Colorado as well.
What led you to join Connect?
A friend, neighbor and Sister in Christ invited me to join the discussion. I am a relatively new believer and am so happy to be able connect on a deeper level through the love of Jesus!!
How do you hope to contribute?
By sharing my testimony and experiences in Christ. By reading what others are sharing with an open heart so that we all may be built up and healed. Ultimately hoping to see empowerment of the body of Christ through scriptural inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit in every thread! May we all stay focused on the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

13 Likes
(Lou Hablas) #2

Welcome to Connect, Catherine! We’re so happy you are here. I was born in Denver and love Colorado - so much beauty there, esp to the west! :slight_smile:

I hope you find this community welcoming and a blessing as you grow in your faith, and big kudos to your friend for inviting you to join us here. I look forward to reading your testimony and pray that your words will be a blessing to all who read them!

4 Likes
(Linda Nikitin) #3

Thursday, April 4, 2019
Hullo Catherine
Welcome to RZIM Connect!
This is a safe place to learn and share with others because people are not allowed to be disrespectful to others. Kindness, Respect, Patience, Love, and Listening to Others, etc is very important here.

I belong to the @Bible_Memorization_Group under the Christian Growth Section in RZIM Connect.
55 of us are memorizing Colossians. We are trying to memorize 2 verses a week, but everyone is memorizing at his or her own pace too. No Pressure. Just Loving Encouragement as Christian Friends. I am memorizing from the 1984 New International Version and I memorized Colossians 2:9 from The King James Version because it is SO WONDERFUL!!

Colossians 2:9 in The King James Version says, “For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

I also took the poll called What Book Should We Read Next? in the book studies section of RZIM Connect. I voted to read John Lennox’s book called Determined to Believe. He is part of the RZIM speaking team. He is a joy to read or listen to in discussions or debates. John Lennox is Irish. You can find videos on YouTube. Just put John Lennox in the search box.
My favorite book is called “Key Bible Concepts” by David Gooding and John Lennox.

If I can help you with anything with RZIM Connect, I am overjoyed to help.

Blessings,
Aunt Linnie Nikitin

5 Likes
(Caitlyn Lee) #4

Welcome to you Catherine!

I hope you delve deep here and find many places to connect in. I myself am
from New Zealand, so here you have someone from far away welcoming you. There are lots of interesting posts to read and some very knowledgeable people here. I pray God gives you discernment and joy as you read and process. I’ll be happy to hear more of your story and see what discussions you will contribute too.

Caitlyn

6 Likes
(Melvin Greene) #5

Greetings, Catherine!

What a great introduction! I am so glad you’re here! I can’t think of a better place to be for learning and growing in your love and faith in Jesus Christ. I hope you will be blessed as much as I have been. Don’t be shy about joining a discussion. I’m sure we will learn from you as well.

In Christ,
Mel

4 Likes
(Scott Dockins) #6

@Catherine,

Welcome to the Connect community!

I pray your walk with our Lord Jesus is deepened, encouraged, and enlightened through the body of Christ via the Connect community.

2 Likes
(Paul C. Dillon) #7

Welcome. Dont ever let anyone discourage your walk with Christ. Catherine, if Jesus walked up to you, you would know that He sees all of you and what He sees is wonderful. He has removed your sins and He loves you. Pray to Him, cry to Him, abide in Him. Take in every Word that the Gospels record about Him.

Now may God Bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you. Read the first 3 chapters of Ephesians. Paul is talking TO YOU, not just the church in Ephesus. Psalm 139 is about YOU!

Amen

3 Likes
(Catherine Keffer) #8

Thank you for replying and encouraging. Praise God for the way He orchestrates everything so perfectly. He always gives us His Word on-time…speaking to our life situations. This is how amazing God is. I have been hearing ‘remember’ in the Spirit. I am sure there is so much deeper revelation to that, but to just scratch the surface I ask God for some insight and He shows me that I am the most grateful and connected to His heart when I consider how amazing it is that He called and chose me when I was worthless by my own standards and the world’s standards; when I remember everything He brought me to and how every step has been and continues to prepare me for my destiny in Christ for all eternity. Praise God that He always raises a standard. When I consider everything He freed me from. When I remember that I am forgiven and kept, empowered by the Spirit of God in me to believe and to be delivered. I was an atheist. It still amazes me.

So, just last night I found a couple of my mugshot pictures and posted them on Facebook with a current picture. I declared my gratefulness to be found in Christ Jesus. Please understand that typically I do not spend much time on social media, however, God has been tugging at my heart to proclaim JESUS everywhere and every way possible.

Simply put, a friend of mine was extraordinarily offended by my mention of Jesus…Praise the Lord…I expressed my genuine brotherly/sisterly love for him and a desire to agree to disagree, fully aware that I cannot make someone believe, nobody could make me believe, yet he opted to say goodbye, he just cannot and will not look beyond this difference. All I can do is pray and trust and continue to walk with God.

Still, we all need encouragement and reminders of who God says we are. So after our Sunday Celebration I read your post on the ride home and just knew God was speaking to me through you and His Word. As I read Psalm 139 first, tears just started falling. God’s presence is so amazing to me and there’s just something about those times when the voice of God just resonates to your deepest core through His Word! Now I am reading and really meditating on the first 3 chapters of Ephesians, especially 2:8,

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”

Words cannot express how grateful I am for this gift…I didn’t choose to have Faith, God gave it to me. I didn’t initially choose God, He chose me and for this I am so so so willing to give Him every part of me, to know Jesus, to know the Father through Him. Hallelujah, Hallelujah! You make all things new!

Amen

4 Likes
(Kyle Bouressa) #9

Continuing the discussion from Catherine Suzanne Keffer:

OH LORD, AMEN!!! :smiley: JESUS IS THE REASON! :smiley:

1 Like
(Scott Dockins) #10

@Catherine,

*(15) He is the image of God, the invisible one,

•      The firstborn of all creation.

(16) For in him all things were created,
In the heavens and here on earth.
Things we can see and things we cannot—
Thrones and lordships and rulers and powers—
All things were created both through him and for him.

(17) And he is the head, prior to all else,
And in him all things hold together;
(18) And he himself is supreme, the head
Over the body, the church.

He is the start of it all,
Firstborn from the realms of the dead;
So in all things he might be chief.
(19) For in him all the Fullness was glad to dwell
(20) And through him to reconcile all to himself,
Making peace through the blood of his cross,
And also the things in the heavens.

----Colossians 1:15-20
                          The Kingdom Translation
                            N.T. Wright

“He loves you; He loves you. He Loves you!!!”----Billy Graham

3 Likes
(Paul C. Dillon) #11

I am formulating a women’s prayer group. You are welcome to join in Saturday 7pm. It is a conference call line. Love to have you

1 Like
(Catherine Keffer) #12

Hello!..would love to participate in this. May not be able to commit to it every week. Will call in as often as the Lord makes way for. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

2 Likes