Christianity as mere mindsetting

I hear some people get through life and have radical change, but are not christians (leasbians and homosexuals becoming heterosexuals, addicts and drunkards become sober, etc). Focusing on this world alone and what the gospel offers a person, this got me thinking…Can Christianity be reduced to mere mindsetting? Like “thoughst become things” or “you are what you believe” stuff?

3 Likes

@pkblaquera Great question Paul :slight_smile: No, definitely not - Christianity is not just about moral conformity or cleaning up our lives—it is about having a relationship with the living God of the universe.

“In every other worldview, you find the way of being good and the way of not being bad. But in the Christian message, Jesus Christ didn’t come into this world to make bad people good. He came into this world to make dead people live. That’s the reality.”

We cannot attain salvation by lifting ourselves up by our own ethical standards. Every other worldview is good versus bad. The message of Jesus Christ is grace, mercy and forgiveness.

Ravi Zacharias

http://100huntley.com/watch?id=223204&title=an-answer-to-suffering-and-evil--dr-ravi-zacharias

3 Likes

Let me add that not only is not a mindset but according to the Bible we are new creations the old is dead and the new is powered by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.(2 Co 5:17LEB)

12 Therefore I exhort you, brothers, through the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, so that you may approve what is the good and well-pleasing and perfect will of God. (Ro 12:1–2 LEB).

he saved us, not by deeds of righteousness that we have done, but because of his mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, (Tt 3:5–6)