Cindi

Hello from very warm Florida, USA. I am a mom who is still homeschooling one teen focusing on speech and debate with another in university, by the grace of our mighty God! I love great discussion that provokes me to study even more and learn from brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world. You have so much to share, and I am grateful that you are willing. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to Connect @Cindi1. I am looking forward to learning from your input.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Cindi1. So glad that you have joined connect. The discussions here are many times very deep and wtitten with great care and concern. I hope that you are blessed by the threads of discussion that can edify your journey. Best to you in your home schooling. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hello Cindi, so if you love discussions and want to learn from others, then Connect is the place for you. Welcome and thank you for your contributions so far :+1:

PS: I could be a little jealous of your nice warm weather, because here in Germany the cold, foggy and rainy autumn is just beginning. Could you perhaps send us some warm sunshine? :smiley::sunny:

4 Likes

Hello, Daniel! I will ship a box of sunshine and 90 degrees straightaway. LOL Would’t it be funny if we could really do that?!? We could use some rain – September was our driest month on record.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Cindi1 indi1 my wife is also homeschooling a teenager and he is not at that level yet, but taking intro to The Great Conversation Course and Science with our area homeschooling co-op near Houston.

3 Likes

Thank you, Oleg. Homeschooling was not my choice, but I am so incredibly grateful that my husband insisted. It has been a wonderful journey that our Father has used to bring my daughters and us into a much greater relationship that we would have had otherwise. I am so grateful! :slight_smile: I am prayerfully changing things up next semester for my teen at home, so we will see how this path leads – one step at a time. Best wishes to you both! (P.S. Any input from dad into that teen’s education does more than you can ever imagine. :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Welcome Cindi! I am thrilled you jumped into the RZIM Connect pool! Thank you for being a homeschooling mom. I can’t imagine what your days look like. “God’s eyes are over the righteous and His ears are open to their prayers…” I Peter 3:12 That’s a good ‘go to’ verse for me when I feel like what I’m doing doesnt’ matter. What you are doing as a homeschool family matters a great deal! While I don’t have kids, I am a public school teacher and I too live in Florida and I too “love great discussion that provokes me to study even more.” So I am grateful you are part of this group and hope to grow in our walk with Jesus together.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, Lee, and hats off to you as a teacher. I think you guys may have one of the toughest jobs there is. Many of my friends who are PS teachers have my utmost respect for the job they do with their hands tied. Thank you for all you do for so many students!!!

1 Like