Colossians 1:13-14 Prayer

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Praying Saints
This is what was discussed but is still a work in progress. One of us will post this thread for prayer, especially praying for each other together at 2pm CST. Others could adjust their time zones so that we are praying together for a half hour to an hour or beyond. We will be in different locations but together in the Lord’s prayer room.

Here’s a new twist that I did not discuss with anyone but thought that I’d just try it. Rather than Kelly or anyone else having to gather the prayer requests and then post them before the 2 o’clock prayer hour, they can be added by anyone and for anyone who wanted prayer. So you will post your own requests. As the thread changes next week to I Col 1:15-16 Prayer, if you still want prayer next week for what you posted this week, it will be your responsibility to post it. Prayer could be added anytime but if you wanted it prayed by the group, you’d need to get it in by the next couple of days - before 2pm CST.

I have started with my prayer requests. Add to the list before Monday at 2 if you want it prayed for. Donna, Lakshmi, Kelly and myself have covenanted to pray at that time. Others, please join us but let us know that you are on board. If something comes up where I or another are unable to pray at that time this week, whoever can’t make it will let the other pray-ers know. Otherwise, I am there with you.

Have I lost anyone? Any comments, disagreements, additions? All of the are always welcome. This is not my deal or Kelyy’s but Jesus’. To Him be the glory. He is the only One who can make anything happen as we are powerless without Him.

Again, I’ve started the thread below. Whoever wants prayer, add to this week’s thread.

-Tim: -Jonathan (30) and Kara (24) will return to Jesus. They would say that they are Christians but are cynical about Jesus and show no desire to know Him.
-I struggle with chronic fatigue. I bike and try to stay active but always feel tired. I do have neck pain constantly from my paralyzing accident 20 years ago which I think is a huge factor.
-Pray that more would join us at 2pm CST and more will take memorization seriously,

2 Likes
(Kelly) #2

Kelly - Prayer for a return to the Lord for both daughters, Autumn and Lauren. Also, could use prayers for a new job.

2 Likes
(Darlene Medford) #3

Happy Sunday evening everyone,

I really have no way on praying at 2 CST since I will be at work during that time but I will pray at 4:30 am EST. I have each prayer request written on a list -

Please pray for the Spirit to continue to work in my children’s lives. As I have committed to pray - I have struggled with sadness (which is unusual for me because I am always happy) and I feel that has been the enemy trying to discourage me. Also, I struggle with being tired.

Posting our prayer request like this works for me. We will definitely miss you - Tim - as you travel. Stay safe.

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #4

Dear Prayers
Lindsay just posted something under the memorization thread that I wanted to make sure all of you who are praying reads this so I am quoting her here:

4 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #5

Kelly and Darlene - you are on for me to pray for at 2 on Monday. Maybe it’d be good to get a prayer chain where we get constant prayer going. Your o right after the 3 of us.

2 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #6

@Bible_Memorization_Group
My 3 posts in a row is a no-no but just a reminder for all of you to get in anything you want us to pray for on Monday morning.

2 Likes
(Darlene Medford) #7
For we  wrestle   not  against  flesh  and  blood , but  against principalities,  against  powers,  against  the rulers of the darkness of this world,  against  spiritual wickedness in high places - Ephesians 6:12 

This is truly a hard time as we are praying.

Praise Him! praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
Sing, ye saints! His wonderful love proclaim!
Hail Him! hail Him! mightiest angels in glory;
Strength and honor give to His holy name!
Like a shepherd, Jesus will feed His people,
In His arms He carries them all day long;
O ye saints that live in the light of His presence,
Praise Him! praise Him! ever in joyful song!
Praise Him! praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer,
For our sins He suffered and bled and died;
He, our Rock, our Hope of eternal salvation,
Hail Him! hail Him! Jesus, the Crucified;
Loving Savior, meekly enduring sorrow,
Crowned with thorns that cruelly pierced His brow;
Once for us rejected, despised, and forsaken,
Prince of Glory, ever triumphant now.

4 Likes
(Sieglinde) #8

Bless your heart, will pray!

1 Like
(Tim Ramey) #9

Today was a difficult day praying. I came away really tired. I’ve never had a time like this one. I’m not one to cry - ever. Yet I wept as I considered Kelly’s, Darlene’s and my children. How badly I want them to love Jesus like they did as little children but even more so. It was really hard…

As I prayed, I looked over Lake Superior and it hit me that our lodge takes over 5,000 gallons of that lake each day and yet, it doesn’t go down a speck. Our Lord’s love for us is much deeper than that lake but as His love is poured over us, His heart still overflows with His love - it’s not diminished one bit!

3 Likes
(Lindsay Brandt) #10

Thank you, Tim. With a baby and two little ones, I am not sure I can commit to a particular time on a Monday. But I’m going to be looking at everyone’s prayer requests on here and praying!

4 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #11

Hey Lindsay, pray as you can but please, please, please do not hesitate to tell us how we can pray for you. We have 7 children that are all out of college now but we will never forget how wild life is with little ones! So please share how we can pray for you. That’s what’s important.

3 Likes