Colossians 1:17-18 Prayer

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Being redundant, because this is relatively new, this thread asks each of you to post prayer requests. If you do so, there is a group of us that “meet” wherever we live, at 2pm on Mondays and lift these requests up to the only One who can do anything about it. Others cannot meet at that time and pray when they can. And of course, we all pray throughout the week.

One post doesn’t do it for eternity, however. If you have to, as I have, I will keep posting or updating what I ask prayer for until we see the Lord complete it. So it is up to you to post and update when there are changes.

Prayer-My son Jonathan and daughter Kara in the LA area. They would say they are Christians but are cynical of it. I have 7 children and, quite frankly, they could all use a kick in the pants.
-I leave Wednesday for the Philippines for 6 weeks. To travel alone with my paralysis that distance needs grace. Pray that to go through this arduous task will glorify Jesus and encourage the saints there.
-For a sister in Australia who I got to know through the RZIM Core Module class. Her husband’s hate and insistence on divorce has devastated her and her young girls are angry and confused.

4 Likes
(Linda Nikitin) #3

Sunday, April 7, 2019
Hullo Dear Friends in our Colossians group,
Prayer: I have a bad cough and cold. I am taking my vitamins and cough syrup as needed. Please pray that I will get well soon. Thanks SO MUCH dear friends!
Blessings
Linnie

6 Likes
(Kelly) #4

Hey Friends and Family,
What a blessing to have found such an amazing group! Tim, may travel blessings watch over you!! You’ve mentioned your trip to the Philippians a few times. Maybe you could share about your ministry there? I’m sure we’d all be very interested to know more. Prayers for His purposes to be fulfilled! Linnie, I’m so sorry to hear that you are sick. I just got over the worst cold I think I’ve ever had…must be getting old as I didn’t think I’d ever recover. Prayers for speedy recover and continued health and wholeness!

Prayer - That Autumn and Lauren be delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of Jesus that they may find redemption and the forgiveness of their sins!!

• God’s anointing as me and some fellow brothers and sisters meet this coming Saturday outside of an abortion clinic for prayer. I deeply desire that God’s love be evident and that only those with a heart for the lost and hurting attend.
4 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #5

Ha - Kelly, I never knew that I was saying that I was going to the Philippians but in my mind, even as i quote: “and you Philippians yourself know that in the beginning of the gospel…” I do often recite Filipinos instead of Philippians! Amen to being with such warm, wonderful, sincere believers!

PrayerI had a couple of items listed already but I’d like to add that as I take off for 6 weeks, we still have need for wait staff at our lodge. In addition, the Operations Manager will be staying only through the year so we need to find someone else for that position so that he can train them in. Please pray.

2 Likes
(Kelly) #6

@Tim_Ramey

:joy:

1 Like
(Tim Ramey) #7

|45x45

DonnaDonna PerryAcademy Alum

Tim_Ramey

43m

Thank you for praying with me. As you say Tim, we don’t always
see what the Hand of God is up to in the lives of our kids but the
word tells us God would have none perish and that He is mighty to
save - as we can see in the sacrifice of His Son. So may the Holy
Spirit hover over each one of our kids, stirring up thoughts of
conviction, wonder and purpose in their minds and hearts, and ever
drawing them to the way, truth and life in Christ.

He made them in His image for Himself so Lord God, we ask you go

after our kids and claim those which You created for your own.

Lord keep us faithful

Donna
2 Likes
(Donna Perry) #8

Kelly I never caught that - love it. Tim our group of God’s
people will be praying for you while you are in the Philippines.
May our Lord Jesus use you in a compassionate way to share Jesus’
law of love and His gospel of salvation and peace as opportunities
arise. I also pray that you will be an encouragement to our
brothers and sisters in the Philippines encouraging them to
‘higher ground’ in their faith - Colossians 2:2-3. I look forward
to hearing about you and the Lord’s travel together when you
return.

God's hand be on you, making your way smooth and protecting you from

the evil one.

God's grace and peace.

Love in the Lord

Donna
3 Likes
(Darlene Medford) #9

Good morning everyone,

I am praying for Tim’s trip and all of the responsibilities here at home and for those in the Philippines. Also, praying for all of our kids:

Jonathan
Kara
Autumn
Lauren
Olivia
Brent (my daughter’s boyfriend and father of my grandchildren)
Ryan
Wesley
and Riley.
May Jesus knock loudly on their hearts and draw them to Him.

and for Linnie - I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks for your prayers and for this group.

Darlene

3 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #10

Thanks everyone for the prayers and Amen to the prayers above. Here are my requests:
Prayer

• Salvation for family members both my side and my husband’s side.
  • For our sons Amit and Nithin for good health and spiritual growth

Thank you!

2 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #11

Mr Gushy here but I love and appreciate you all so much. It means so much being concerted in prayer with you. We are not fighting our own battles alone, but fight each other’s battles together. That sure makes a lot of sense.

“See” you at prayer!

2 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #12

Thank you for praying with me today Donna, Lakshmi, and Kelly. It really is encouraging to be praying together. I will keep it up even with the time difference for me next week. But I wanted to thank you for such sweet fellowship and we aren’t even in the same room together! I’m so thankful to know Jesus and be connected to His people

Darlene, thanks for organizing the list before Lakshmi added hers. You are with us during that time in spirit.

Linnie - are you better? Your message sounded like you had a frog in your throat! Seriously, I prayed that as Peter’s mother or mother-in-law was healed and could serve meals, that you’d be able to pop up as well.

3 Likes
(Kelly) #13

So excited to report a praise!!! I had on the list a prayer request for the prayer vigil at the abortion clinic. I felt so out of my league as I have never planned, let alone lead, anything of the sort. Last night a man emailed me saying he was going to sign up as the leader, but found I had already done so. I was so excited and asked if he would like to take the lead or at minimum help. He has been such an answer to prayer. He said he’d never done it before, but he has connections and I truly believe this is going to be a great success for the Lord. Thank you so much for your prayers!!!

It really helped my faith as I believe God is also moving in the other prayer requests as well. He hears us.

Tim, you are such a faithful servant to be faithful at the same prayer time! Please let us know if it becomes too much of a burden as I’m sure we are all willing to be flexible. May God richly anoint your sacrifice of sleep for intercessory prayer.

God’s blessings~ :smile:

4 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #14

Praise God! That’s great news. God bless all that you are doing at the abortion clinic.

4 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #15

Oh yeah, Kelly, during prayer yesterday I was burdened to pray that because of you going there Saturday, one would live who otherwise wouldn’t have - even one.

2 Likes
(Linda Nikitin) #16

Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Dear Friends in Our Colossians Group,
Thank You with all my heart for your prayers for me.
I believe I am getting better slowly. I had a bad coughing jag at 3:30am this morning.
I took some NyQuil severe cold tablets and the coughing jag stopped.
I am talking only when it is necessary because when I talk, I can start coughing again.
I am eating well and drinking lots of orange juice.

Our Dad, who will be 87 years old on Saturday, April 13, has pneumonia. His name is Merle.
He goes back to his doctor, Dr. Char, tomorrow and Friday for another antibiotic by IV.
My Mum’s Name is Sharron. She will be 84 on August 9. Mum is a retired RN.
Dad is a retired electrical engineer from Ford Motor Company.

There is a lot of stress in our house right now. I can’t explain. Prayers SO APPRECIATED!

Grateful for our fellowship and all the prayers,
Linnie

3 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #17

Glad you are getting better slowly. Lifting up your parents right now in prayer as well. God bless your family Linnie.

3 Likes
(Linda Nikitin) #18

Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Hullo Lakshmi,
Thank You SO MUCH for your prayers for me and my family.
May The Lord Jesus protect and watch over you and your family now and always.
Your photo is beautiful. You are SO PRETTY!
Blessings
Linnie

2 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #19

Glad to agree in prayer! Thank you! :blush:

1 Like
(Kelly) #20

Thank you Lakshmismehta and Tim!

Don’t know about anyone else, but I need to getting focused on the new verses!! I have never memorized this much scripture. So glad to be apart of this group.

:):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes
(Donna Perry) #21

Linnie, I’m thankful and glad to read you are getting better. I’m
just heading to my prayer time for today and will remember you,
your Dad and Mom in prayer. And, will also pray for Dr. Char. May
our Great Physician give Dr. Char wisdom, insight and
understanding to your Dad’s health problems and place His healing
hand on your Dad. And for you and your Mom, may the blessed hope
we have stored up for us in heaven be yours. Part of my daily
devotion this morning was to read Hebrews 8 & 9. What hope
these faithful ones of old took hold of and never looked back to
what the world offered them. So encouraging and strengthening.

Love in Christ

Donna
3 Likes