Colossians 1:17-18

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Fellow-Memorizers

Last night, as I read a post from one of you, I was so heartened to have a fellowship like this. I do live in a rural area and you must reason that I hale from Antarctica to say this, but I feel genuinely that this group is my dearest fellowship. There are many of you that I do not know but within the 55 of us, there is a special cluster of individuals that I am eternally grateful to be in fellowship with. For many of you, to the degree that you are memorizing and chomping on His Word, I can’t say. What I can say is that if you make a concerted effort to memorize and discuss what you are ruminating on, you will realize a gift that Jesus gives so freely yet individually. It’s for you, and only you. A number of us can attest to that.

One sister wrote to me, singing praises to the Lord. No, the post was not a worship chorus but she sang of how Jesus has grown in her life exponentially in the last few years. She wasn’t intending to worship Jesus, but she was. He has so much for each of us. I consider that is why we think that it is incredible because we can give our attention to only a few at a time, yet Jesus gives you His undivided attention. How about me then? Yes, He could not love me any more or less. And the bottom line is that we are memorizing God’s love letter to us.

The Holy Spirit, at times, will be obvious in our lives. On other occasions we wonder where that idea came from but however He works, to have God’s Word overflowing in our heart sure is a place where He can work because it’s not about me, it’s all about Him.

Preach, preach preach… I’m sorry and I’m not on a high, in fact, this past week has had plenty of valleys but I do love Jesus yet it is only the beginning. And because I love Him, He has given me His heart for you. So to say, “I love you”, you will rightfully question that I don’t even know you. Oh, you’d be surprised of the love that Our Lord has given me for many of you that I’ve never met. It’s only Him as I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. Hey, didn’t we just memorize that?

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. (ESV)

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. (KJV)

There is a saying that we are to “live and learn.” Memorization has changed that for me to say, “learn and live!”

2 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #2

What an incredible verse - I can’t get over it! Verse 18 says that Jesus is the firstborn from the dead!!! People are born and people die but Jesus was the first to be born from the dead! It’s an amazing idea that Jesus was the first to be born after He died so after Him, we, too, are truly born when we die.And this time, we won’t die again but will be with Him for eternity.

Whatever rough stuff we have going now does not compare ever to that blessing! Romans 8 says that too.

1 Like