Colossians 1 & 2

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Students of God’s Word

If you just joined us, we are actually taking a break from our memorization and using the time to review in order to retain the chapters that we have learned together. This week our primary focus is Colossians 1 & 2 - to be certain to have those chapters down pat.

It is also a time to share what you might have learned from these chapters. or maybe there is something you especially appreciate or question. I have been accused of using the guilt trip technique and I realize that it does nothing but further alienate but we haven’t had much discussion and I have not a clue what is special to you or what you’ve studied but still question. I would be also interested in knowing if there are others memorizing. I love dong so and wonder if I have anyone joining me.

I have to say that Colossians 1:27 is special to me - where it says that the riches of the glory of the mystery is Christ in you, the hope of glory. That says so much to me.

A question I have is in Colossians 2:15 where it talks about disarming the principalities and powers and making a public example of them. How were they made a public example? I don’t get that. Please - I’d love to hear from you.

As we get ready for January 25, 2020, when we begin memorizing again, I have asked for opinions regarding what next to memorize but I think it is a bit difficult to decide with so many of us. So, I thought that I’d make an executive decision and you can give me feedback as there is time it change it if we feel so inclined. I would like to do the book of 1 John. There are 5 chapters. The first one is very short. Could we try it and if you wish to discontinue, you could. What do you think?

2 Likes

I am fine with 1 John

1 Like

Monday, December 30, 2019
Dear Tim and Nancy,
I will join you in First John. My Dad, went home to be with Jesus on Sunday, December 22. We miss him, but know that Dad is free from pain in Heaven now. My Mom went into hospital yesterday. She has shingles and pneumonia and should come home on antibiotics later today. Please pray for her to get well soon. She is 84 and loves Jesus.
In The Fellowship of The Risen Christ,
Linnie

1 Like

I’m so sorry Linnie. Not to be callous but I find myself envying those who get to go and be with Jesus. I will be praying for your mom. You might want to list prayer for her under Colossians 1 & 2 Prayer so others who don’t go to this thread but do go to the prayer thread will see it.

I’m so glad that you will be joining me for the book of 1 John!

1 Like

I love 1 John - recently read it, and would love to memorize it! Thank you for asking, and hope all is well this new year with you and yours!

2 Likes

Alright - so far I know that Jason, Linnie and Suzanne are all doing 1 John with me. Anyone else want to take the plunge? I ask out of curiosity but also, if you commit in your heart but tell no one, it’s easier to have it more like a New Year’s resolution as opposed as telling the Lord via us that you want His help to do it.

1 Like