Colossians 1:21-22

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Fellow Servants
Please don’t feel pressured by this post, that I am posting our new verses earlier all of the time. As you know, I am in the Philippines and the time is 13 hours ahead of where I live. In addition, we are heading to a church in the mountains to fellowship with them. I’m leaving shortly so wanted to get this out even if it is early.

Every week, I am impressed by how rich the verses are. To consolidate, I post in the ESV and KJV for comparison. They are quiet different this week where the KJV contains part o fa verse in 21 that the ESV has it in 22. If anyone would prefer different translations, please let me know. It is just good to compare 2 versions side-by-side.

I’m having more difficulty staying abreast with my memorizing here, but I need to just do it. I am asked to preach again this Sunday, and I will use a chapter that I’ve memorized as what I want to share just bubbles up from within. I’m so grateful for all of you willing to give it a shot. I know that many of you are whining that you are having a hard time keeping up, but who am I to say this, but I am proud of you that you are giving it your all. You and I will never regret it.

Colossians 1:21 And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,
Colossians 1:22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, (ESV)

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Colossians 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: (KJV)

May Jesus show you something that you never saw before! I love you!!

2 Likes
(Kelly) #2

Hello from America to Tim and to my fellow verse memorization marathon runners! What powerful images these verses conjure up in my mind! ALIENATED. HOSTILE or ENEMIES in mind. DOING evil deed. Not soft and fuzzy warm adjectives. But the power of the cross and what Jesus did for us!! RECONCILED. BLAMESLESS. ABOVE REPORACH. :astonished:

This is now how God see’s us. This is how He sees those that we find hard to forgive if they are believers! This is what is truly important in this life; not just the one to come. To set my mind on the things above; not on the things of this earth which so easily distract! I am reconciled to the One is Was and Who Is, and Who IS to Come! I am holy in His sight. I am blameless in His sight. I am above reproach (I reprove myself all the time) in His sight. If I am not in willful sin and I am not seeing myself in this light; have I set my feelings and thoughts above the truth of these verses?

Thank You Father for such undeserved mercy and grace.

3 Likes
(Donna Perry) #3

Tim, no pressure felt and I do appreciate comparing. May God
hold you as you are traveling through mountains with the gospel
and encouraging God’s people in the faith. Thank you for answering
God’s call on your life.

** PRAYER: For my son, Mitch and daughter Sasha. Both asked Jesus
into their hearts in their teens and so will say they are
Christians. Praise God they have memorized some Bible verses but
they don’t have time in their busy lives for Jesus. Please ask
the Lord to claim their hearts that were given to Him in faith
some years ago. Isn’t it great to know that to God 1000 years is
as a day.**

May the hope of Christ grow deep in us all.

Donna
2 Likes
Colossians 1:21-22 Prayer
(Patricia Crews) #4

I’m new to posting on Connect. But I saw your post and wanted you to know I’ve prayed for your children.
I have one too who was saved but doesn’t make time for Jesus. I’m thankful that tomorrow she will come to Easter services with her husband and our family.

I know God hears the prayers of those who earnestly seek Him.

2 Likes
Colossians 1:21-22 Prayer
(Tim Ramey) #5

@Roysmom @Donna

Dear Patricia and Donna,
I hope that you didn’t mind me taking the liberty to take your posts here and transfer them to Colossians 1:21-22 Prayer. Please visit that thread.

Thank you Donna for posting your prayer needs and Patricia, if you mention your daughter’s name under the prayer thread, we will lift her into Jesus’ loving hands too!

1 Like
(Tim Ramey) #6

@Bible_Memorization_Group

I’m not a salesman but I am going to put in a few pitches here.

At one time, to be in Connect, you had to have taken the RZIM Core Module first. If you are in Connect but have not taken that, it will give you some solid footing for your walk with Jesus.

I’d like to ask you as well, if you’d consider going to the Google map that has where we all live? I believe that it is encouraging to realize that one of us serves an American god and another, an Indian god and another, a UK god. Heavens No!! Forgive me. Lord. No, all over the world, people of all races and tongues are serving the SAME GOD!!! Here is the link < https://drive.google.com/open?id=12npP11ry5AlTxn9N64Ips16g1HG2Ph8Y&amp;usp=sharing> If you’re not on there, please add yourself.

How many times have you heard the saying, “I’m not good at memorizing.” That is true of me and that is why He uses me as an example that, if you want to do it, you can. It is so invaluable to have the Word memorized. Why, you can grab your Bible anytime? Not always but more importantly, when it’s in your heart, it’s not just useful for recall but it brings a balm to the heart.

Finally, keep in mind that we have a prayer thread that is the same name as this but the word “Prayer” is added. Memorizing and praying together is such a treasure.

2 Likes