Colossians 1:25-26 Prayer

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Here is the thread for prayer requests. I have one that is so long that no one will read but PLEASE do as it is critical. It is a letter to my church so I will make some modifications:

Pray
We are at war here in the Philippines. Satan’s attack is so alarming. Let me explain.

When I arrived, a pastor that I have known from the beginning was very ill and in pain. We went to Lumabat in the mountains for a pastor’s conference and on the way, Jun & I prayed for him. Last week, Jun had to make arrangements to get him to the hospital. He has polyps all over his pancreas and liver. They said that it was stage 4 cancer. He is very ill and being a mountain man, the family does not know how things work as the hospital is not set up the way we think of them.

Also when I came, Jun had a cough that continued to get worse so that one night he could not breath. He went to the doctor and they gave him antibiotics but they were ineffective though he took them all 10 days.

Jun was going to go to the doctor after he dropped me off from going to the mountains but he had a conference in General Santos, which is 3 hours away so he decided to just go home and get ready to go to Gen San early the next morning.

He went and later that day, he called and told me that another pastor, again one that I’ve known well for 6 years died! He was just at the apartment with his wife and we had a meeting up in Santa Maria and he went with us. We had a great time of sharing with the pastors from there. Then he suddenly dies. No one is sure but wonder about his heart. He was tired when he was here. So Jun had to leave that meeting and go up to Santa Maria and arrange for embalming and have a casket made as the family has no money. Jun had to cover the expense by asking other pastors to help so they are all out of money plus Jun has had to make all of the decisions. He has had to cover Gar’s expenses and now Eddie so he has no money. Everything cost $1000. (I gave him $500 from the ladies at our church) That helped as it covered half of the funeral expenses. If Gar goes, Jun will be in a horrible bind

I was suppose to meet this morning with Jun but early in the morning, he had to go back to Santa Maria and finish the arrangements for Pastor Eddie. He had a flat and had other car problems as well. The family is devastated and Jun’s cough is now in his chest and he is feeling weak. I told him that if his daughter interprets, which he usually does, I will cover his sermon tomorrow, He left here to go to the hospital to be admitted so that they can determine what is in his system. We prayed before he left. He will be in for 3 days they told him.

Thus, we have one dead pastor, one dying pastor and Jun is weak and hospitalized. It is obvious a spiritual battle as those other 2 pastors were critical to the translation work. Jun is a very strong man in the Lord and is trusting Him with everything. The problem is that Eddie’s widow now needs to be supported and Gar’s could be soon, though he has land and crops but no money as it had been spent on a truck that they needed.

It is all so bizarre. Jun is concerned about my protection as well. If I go, I told him to put me in a plastic bag and throw me in a hole. Their custom here is to have people embalmed so we will go back to the mountains next Friday night, stay up all night and have the funeral on Saturday. That’s how they do it here in the mountains.

I’m sorry this is so long but it is so odd because, as we left Santa Maria we had been parked in from of Eddie’s house. Jun said that the bamboo house has had the front torn off so that Eddie’s body, in the casket, can be seen by all and people just come and go and sit around some tables out front.

Our whole schedule is up in the air. Please pray. The devil is working overtime.
In Jesus
Tim

7 Likes
(Tabitha Gallman) #2

Dear Father,

Please give grace and peace to my brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you Father for the faith we have in your son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior. We ask you to fill us with the knowledge of your will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that we may live a life worthy of our Lord and please you in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in your knowledge, being strengthened with all power according to your glorious might so that we might have great endurance and patience. Thank you Father for qualifying us to share in the inheritance of your Holy people in the kingdom of light. You have rescued us all from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of your son whom you love, in whom we have redemption – the forgiveness of our sins.
In Christ name I pray,
Amen

(Paul’s prayer to God’s people in Collossae - Colossians 1:1-14)

Tim,

I just prayed for you and your team, and also the above came to my memory as it is the only verses I have memorized from our memory group. I pray for continued strength and comfort during this very difficult time.

In Christ name,

Amen

5 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #3

Thanks Tabitha! See how handy memorization is. It’s a perfect fit - thanks!

How can we pray for Jeff?

2 Likes
(David Cieszynski) #4

Stay strong Tim,

Even though times are hard, and your in the midst of trouble. God has control and you will no doubt be asset for the people in that community.

While typing this response Philippians 4:4-7 came to mind.

Remember we are most effective when we do things in His strength not our own, keep the Lord close and He will never fail you.

Take care.

6 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #5

See - you guys are impressing me. You pray and walla - scripture comes forth. What an example you are for any wondering if they should do it!

4 Likes
(Catherine Keffer) #6

To Tim and every other Brother and Sister in Christ, after reading your post early this morning, I could do nothing but meditate and pray about the hour in which we live. The heightened vigilance we are all called to is real and so necessary and only God can carry us through the sleepless nights and broken hearts. The spiritual warfare, as evidenced by the situations in our lives, is intense, yet the battle must be fought from a place of rest, peace and praise, all of heavens armies are fighting with us. We frame our world with the words we speak/sing. There is a song that Holy Spirit has kept in my mouth lately, it’s my constant declaration, It’s “We’re Blessed” by Fred Hammond. The lyrics are as follows.

We’re blessed in the city
We’re blessed in the field
We’re blessed when we come and when we go
We cast down every stronghold
Sickness and poverty must cease
For the devil is defeated
We are blessed

Late in the midnight hour
God’s gonna turn it around
It’s gonna work in your favor, We are blessed!!!

Everyone I know in ministry of any sort is going through right now. God is strengthening His Family and calling us deeper into Him. Crisis and Revival go hand-in-hand. The blessing is in seeing the hearts of people turn towards Our Lord and Savior. It’s all about you Jesus, we Love you, We Need you, We invite you to break in to our world, let your Word be manifested in every situation connected to us, we surrender everything to you Lord and know that we will see You Glorified in all the earth. When we’ve done all we can, giving our best in a lifestyle of worship devoted to helping build up the Kingdom of Heaven, we set our hearts to believe and cry out Abba, Father, thank you for your Son…keep our minds set on Him, Jesus, the Christ, the Risen One, Holy and Anointed, Lord over ALL. Holy Spirit lead and comfort us, guide and encourage us, be our Wonderful Counselor. Amen!

2 Corinthians 6:1-10 The Message (MSG)
"Companions as we are in this work with you, we beg you, please don’t squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us. God reminds us,
I heard your call in the nick of time;
The day you needed me, I was there to help.

Well, now is the right time to listen, the day to be helped. Don’t put it off; don’t frustrate God’s work by showing up late, throwing a question mark over everything we’re doing. Our work as God’s servants gets validated—or not—in the details. People are watching us as we stay at our post, alertly, unswervingly . . . in hard times, tough times, bad times; when we’re beaten up, jailed, and mobbed; working hard, working late, working without eating; with pure heart, clear head, steady hand; in gentleness, holiness, and honest love; when we’re telling the truth, and when God’s showing his power; when we’re doing our best setting things right; when we’re praised, and when we’re blamed; slandered, and honored; true to our word, though distrusted; ignored by the world, but recognized by God; terrifically alive, though rumored to be dead; beaten within an inch of our lives, but refusing to die; immersed in tears, yet always filled with deep joy; living on handouts, yet enriching many; having nothing, having it all."

6 Likes
(Tabitha Gallman) #7

Thank you Tim for thinking of Jeff. Please pray for Jeff as he goes to talk to his gastroenterologist on the 20th of this month. He will be discussing future routine exploratory procedures that he has to have to keep his polyps in check since he has Gardner’s Syndrome (familialpolyposis?) Can’t remember that technical term for a high tendency to develop polyps in upper and lower tracts. These procedures are relatively painless (colonoscopies and upper G.i.s) but the upper GI’s have been suspected in causing trauma to his pancreas. Please pray that the doctors will have wisdom needed to be cautious I future procedures for both him and my 26 year old son with same syndrome. Thank you all.
Tabitha

4 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #8

@Catherine
Catherine, I’m not going to respond to what you posted but ask everyone to read it. Powerful! (Whoops, I guess I did respond!)

Tabitha, there you are next to your precious Jeff. Thanks for mentioning about your son. If I may ask, what is his name?

OK prayers, the trumpets are sounding, the battle cry is being shouted. On Monday, let’s charge together, if you are able. Otherwise, coming around from behind is needed too.

5 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #9

Here’s my brother Jun in the hospital. He has asthma and pneumonia. He is not a “weird, flaky guy” but he had a vision of millions of angelic hosts moving quickly. He wasn’t sure if it was in relation to him or the war at large in the heavenlies.

7 Likes
(Sieglinde) #10

Lord, I pray for this precious soul Jun. I pray your healing, ministering Angels will continue to surround him. I pray for the family of the loved one with cancer. We are always hopeful for complete healing. Keep him and his family secure in Your love, knowing that You are still in control. I pray for the family of the loved one who is now in Your presence. Surround them with love, compassion and support, physically and monitarily. I pray you keep Tim strong and bold. I pray you give him protection and assurance that You are with him and everyone around him. Give the “peace that surpasses all understanding.”
God bless, I will continue to pray *:pray:

7 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #11

I agree in that prayer. Amen. Also I am reminded of Psalm 68:24 where the procession of the Lord comes into view. It is in the context of God summoning His power to save. May God summon His angels and answer our prayers for Jun and friends.

7 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #12

What a comfort your dear hearts are. This is where the rubber meets the road and the Lord is in the driver seat. I will keep you updated!

5 Likes
(Tabitha Gallman) #13

My son’s name is Benjamin (we call him Ben). Thank you for your prayers :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes
(Kelly) #14

Agreement for all these prayers.

Tim, may the Lord prevail and overcome all of the enemy’s plans! So glad they are treating the pneumonia. Prayers for a quick recovery!

Catherine I love what you wrote about fighting from a place of rest, peace and praise! Not there yet, but what a goal.

Looking forward to agreeing in prayer tomorrow for all of the requests.

Appreciate prayers for both prodigal daughters.

Blessings~

5 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #15

Thank you for praying. It has been very difficult for me as I feel in limbo and useless and yet the needs are everywhere. I did call Jun in the hospital and he sounded so terrible that I did not talk but he said that he is getting out tomorrow.

I want to add my prodigals along side Kelly’s daughters.

Please also keep praying for Rachel and her marriage in Australia. She is so concerned for her daughters - especially Jade who is so angry. I have not heard from her which is not a good sign. See you at prayer!!!

3 Likes
(Catherine Keffer) #16

Amazing! This is ringing in the Spirit. God is so very wonderful.

2 Kings 6:16-17
‘He said, “Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Then Elisha prayed and said, “O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.” So the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.’

Even when we seem weak or sick, even if we’re focused on what it looks like, even when we are focused on the darkness, God promises to open our eyes to see His glorious Kingdom in full power, all we have to do is ask.

@kelelek when you say you are not there yet, about fighting from a place of rest… what do you see as hindrances or struggles in reaching this goal? I don’t think any of us are fully there yet, we live in this body and we have emotions that sometimes interfere with resting in the Word, yet, by the Grace of God we fight the good fight of Faith and walk by the Word rather than walking by emotions. We have emotions, they do not have us.

Much Love to everybody! So excited to keep moving forward in Christ, He is too Wonderful, don’t even have the words to express His Beauty!

5 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #17

@Tim_Ramey, As in John 4:34, may you all in the Philippines be strengthened by spiritual food, doing the will of God and may you finish His work. May God’s armor as in Eph 6 protect you from every scheme of the enemy and restore health to Jun and and his friends.

Praying for salvation and protection for all our children and unsaved loved ones in the family for everyone in this group and the other requests.

In Jesus name .

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #18

Last night (Monday 2 pm CST) prayer was very thought provoking. I thought that I should express that, as simple as a thrust that we may have received from the Lord is (in other words, you probably know what I learned already), we shouldn’t assume that but mention it as it could be just the ticket for another. So from our prayer time it might be interesting if we shared any thoughts that we took away from it. This would apply towards prayer outside of that time frame, of course.

I could taste the bonding with Kelly and Lakshmi and wondered if anyone else was with us then. Darlene, you are always there in spirit as you have such a heart for prayer. But I wanted to share one thing that I sensed last night.

Kelly and I have been discussing the issue of how much emphasis do we put on our prayer efforts rather than the Lord’s yet we are called to pray so our prayers matter and going through the motions is not the answer. In my efforts to be succinct, I don’t know if I’m explaining the issue well. But something came to me last night.

As I pictured Lakshmi and Kelly praying, I saw it much like the battles of the OT. The Lord would give the strategy for the battle. He would not just say, “fight” but He would instruct them to have some go in front and others around the rear. Or often they would set out and not have to even lift a sword. The battle belongs to the Lord.

So in prayer, we are in a battle. He tells Kelly to sneak over the rocks, Lakshmi to come straight at the enemy and maybe I would come around the rear. The point is, He directs us in prayer. It is His battle but He needs us. However, if we go in headlong on our own it’s as if we are going to fight the people of Ai when Moses told them not to go for they won’t win and they were defeated. We need to fight this battle with His leading. So during our prayer time together, I envisioned Jesus instructing Kelly how to pray for the same issues that I may have a different twist to and Lakshmi, a different twist yet but all essential for the victory that is His victory. We can’t claim the victory as it was His plan and we just did as we were told. It’s His battle and we are to just pray as we are led.

I also came away feeling that He wants to accomplish more now. It took Nabeel, what, 9 year to come to Jesus from start to finish? Some things will be long and sustained prayer is needed but other times, we should see where it is done, kaput, final, complete. Not every prayer should be a long, drawn ordeal.

Can others share what they took away. We begin praying early in the week. so let’s share more often what we are sensing, seeing or what is being laid on our heart for these things.

I was “angry” last night. Sick of seeing people that He created pushed around by the enemy who is a loser.

7 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #19

I’m a visual person, so I am going to incorporate posting pictures discretionarily as it helps. Didn’t just seeing Jun help you in praying for him?

3 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #20

I agree with you on this! That exactly was the thrust of my prayer for all you brothers in Mindanao right now too. A friend of mine who prayed for your request also said the same thing. May the Lord lead you and direct you in such a way that you have full clarity in the situation.

Sharing what we sense in our prayer is a great idea. Sometimes some aspects of prayer weigh on our heart more on one day more than another. It will encourage us when we see that we are in agreement in the Spirit in our prayer.

3 Likes