Colossians 1:25-26

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Precious Body of Christ

I’m not sure how much I am being repetitious, but when we first began, there were 4 and then 6 who committed to memorize Romans 8. We all did it. As I know that I’ve said before, in Jesus there is no condemnation so it won’t be coming from me either. All I’m asking is for you to consider joining us in memorizing these amazing verses.

Yesterday, one sister wrote and said that she never memorized a chapter before. Anyone can do it. If someone is in a play, they have to memorize the whole script! I’m saying this because you can do it if you want to and you’ll never regret it.You just have to keep reviewing it which is great because you get to hear yourself tell you the chapter!

Tragedy has struck us in the Philippines where one pastor who was with Jun from the beginning and who I knew so well and took him to the mountains last week, suddenly died. Because Jun has to help care for the grieving family in the mountains, I told him that I would lead the service at church tomorrow. He had talked on Romans 5 last week and, because I have memorized Romans 6, that chapter is so close to me that I will be able to give a message from my heart. I am so grateful that I know Jesus and that He wrote us a love letter!
Here’s some of it for this week:

Colossians 1:25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known
Colossians 1:26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. (ESV)

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: (KJV)

Did you hear that? A mystery hidden for ages but now revealed to us who are called saints - holy, blameless, set apart for Jesus.

2 Likes
How and Why to Memorize Scripture
(Dean Schmucker) #2

Amen. When Paul got this Gospel, not from men, but straight from Jesus Christ Himself, he knew right away it was different than anything that anyone had ever heard, or even thought of. So he uses about half of the epistle to the Galatians to explain that he did NOT receive this gospel from men, nor did he think it up on his own, but rather the Mystery had been revealed to him. He also knew that natural men, to whom this Mystery had not been revealed, would creep in like ravenous wolves to draw unsuspecting saints away from the centrality of Jesus Christ, and the completeness of His work.

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #3

Did you read what Dean said? We take the gospel for granted but it was hidden for ages and generations and now made manifest to the saints. How special we are!

2 Likes