Colossians 1:27-28 Prayer

biblememorization
(Catherine Keffer) #21

@kelelek Here are the details about the house of prayer. This is in the very early stages.

Restoration House of Prayer
“I’ve posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem. Day and night they keep at it, praying, calling out, reminding God to remember. They are to give him no peace until he does what he said, until he makes Jerusalem famous as the City of Praise.” -Isaiah 62:6-7 (MSG)

Vision: A few God-fearing worshipers can contend with even the largest of Satan’s armies. We are called to contend with the giants of drug-addiction, prostitution, and gang-violence.

Mission: To establish a House of Prayer that will be open 24/7/365 for Praise, Worship, Intercession, Devotion, Fasting and Prayer. This is the battlefield. This is where we defeat the works of Satan, manifested in world-systems of corruption that are intended to keep us sick, enslaved and eternally suffering.

Goals:
-To prepare our hearts, temples, physical bodies and the church as a whole for revival.
(Hosea 10:12)
-To keep standing, firmly rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
-To set an atmosphere of fasting, prayer and worship so as to see a shift towards Jesus in the City of St.Louis first and continuing all around the world. (Luke 2:36-38)
-To be established as overcomers, connected by the blood of Christ Jesus, in the current and coming crises. (Revelation 12: 11-12)

Inspirations:

• Holy Spirit
  • International House of Prayer (Kansas City, MO)
  • “A House That Contends” by Lou Engle and Sam Cerny
  • 1Chronicles 16 and 17
  • All of Zechariah

The Lord gave me the vision well over a year ago and I have been watching it manifest into something of substance ever since. Currently we meet every Tuesday from 2-5 p.m. for a session known as InnerCity Intercession. We are covered by the leadership of Saving the Lost Restoration Church and hope to saturate every hour of every day with praise, worship and intercession. We also have a team committed to ‘night-watch’ where we have each committed to a specific time to pray throughout the night.

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #22

In Cebu I am at Children Shelter of Cebu. Have rescued hundreds of children neglected and abandoned on the streets of Cebu. They find the abandoned children and take them in and try to line up people that will adopt them. If not, they have a school and teach them through high school and they go out and work. Some have had employment there at CSC.

(I started this the day before last but was so busy with the kids, I never got back to this) I just loved those kids! I had to give a talk and had my picture taken with most of them. Then we went out and played kickball where I had to be the permanent pitcher. They were so intrigued that I have no feeling in my legs A few of them got up at 4 am to see me to the airport. You guys, their stories are so incredibly sad. They were amazed that I came in a wheelchair to see them. We have so much in Jesus!

While in Cebu, I prayed with you. It’s so good to know that I can be anywhere in the world and standing with you in prayer. Oh if only Lauren or Kylie or Ryan or Nithin - if they came and saw them, they would never be the same. We went down the smelly, garbagey road where they were found. Many kids are trafficked there by their own mothers who need the money. I can’t tell you the stories or you’d be reading a book. You can look at the site online Children Shelter of Cebu. Lakshmi would be the most familiar to the shelter. I bet you have some horrific stories of places in India - maybe even Lincoln, NB!

Thank you dear saints. Thank you for all of the prayer for Jun who is at 90%. Because of the pneumonia, he and Regina could not go so I went myself. On Saturday we are going to the mountains, stay overnight and on to another area of the mountains where we will go to Gar’s burial. Then home and I leave back for the States on Monday. My heart cares so much for these people…

7 Likes
(Kelly) #23

Tim, thanks for sharing! Your post is such a reminder of all that we have to be thankful for, and yet we are a country who has forgotten God. A world without Jesus. . . :cry: broken, hurting, evil. Praise God for the people who run and support the Children’s Shelter of Cebu as well as the many other orphanages in our broken world. What a touching, powerful experience your trip must be. Continued prayers for your time there, for Jun and for your trip home.

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #24

Kelly, let’s get your 2 daughters over here. That’ll shape them up!

You are such a precious sister. I’m so thankful to be with you on the memorizing and prayer teams.

2 Likes
(Carol Nagy) #25

Wow, group! What a joy to share with all of you! I should have sent this yesterday, but I was so tired after talking to so many people that once I sat down to update I fell asleep in the chair. But we went to see Phil, my pastor and I, several times through the day, since he had been transferred out of the hospital and back to the rehab facility, and had been 46 hours without his pain medication. So my pastor had some heated words with the director of nursing, and four hours later Phil was getting the pain medicine he had been prescribed. So going back to see him, we were able to talk to him about his fear of dying, and what it is to die as a Christian, knowing Jesus. Bless his heart, my pastor knelt down at the bedside, held his hand, and talked to him about ‘going home’. It made me want to cry, hearing this, and when we prayed with him, Phil did cry. Phil has a lot in his life to shame him, and I think this is beginning to break through to God’s continuing forgiveness. So thank you all, precious brothers and sisters, for praying. We are still looking into the best place for Phil, whether by the hand of God he walks out a healed man, or, by the hand of God, goes home.

5 Likes
(Kelly) #26

Right back at ya, Brother!

Man, I don’t know what it’s going to take, but as I read through news headlines and watch as the world dances into such darkness, I can’t help but pray without ceasing for our kids!! May God have mercy and His power break through their darkened understanding so that they can walk in the light and shine that same light into the lives of those God would bring their way.

2 Likes
(Kelly) #27

Wow, thank you for sharing…what an amazing testimony! May God richly bless your ministry to Phil as you share the greatest, most healing news known to mankind!

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #28

Carol, thanks for updating us on Phil. I meant to write and ask you and ta da - there it was. Thank you ever so much!

1 Like
(Heidi Mitchell) #29

@Catherine
Thanks for reminding us that those we pray for may not be seeking Him themselves- but, that’s ok! Because God is seeking them. Our prayers matter. Thanks for sharing your experience <3

4 Likes
(Chang Su Song) #30

May the Lord hear your voice as you lift up your prayers. It’s good to hear a global family of God lifting each other up. May God help your children to grow with much hunger for His Word. God bless you!!

5 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #31

@changsu.song, thank you so much for your prayers. I believe there is power in agreement in prayer. God bless you and your family as well!

4 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #32

@changsu.song Prayer is critical. Prayer needs are listed and can be prayed for all week but we have a group that meets at 2 pm CST every Monday if you join us. If you need to adjust the time zone to sync with ours, make the adjustment and join us.

2 Likes