Colossians 1:27-28

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Lovers of Jesus
You love Him because you take His love letters and store them in your hearts! This guy is a little behind but I’m racing to catch up.

This is the last 2 verse week that we have for Colossians 1. Next week we wrap it up with verse 29 and then onto Colossians 2. I cannot tell you how much His Word has been my backbone here in the Philippines. I’ve preached from our past chapters and today, while praying for my dear friend Pastor Jun, I texted him Colossians 1:Col 1:11-12 “May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.” It was so appropriate for him. I guess, who wouldn’t it be appropriate for?

This is group is amazing. I never thought that an online group could be so close. Many of you I do not know, but if you’re as lovable as the dear saints that I’ve gotten to know are, we’ve got a treasure that the world would envy. Let’s listen to the Spirit’s prompting so that they can be part of us - a part of Jesus’ body.

Here are the pearls for the week:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: (KJV)

Colossians 1:27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Colossians 1:28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. (ESV)

Here is the tip of the gold. As you memorize it, it becomes unearthed and enriches our lives. Thank you Jesus for your abundant gifts that we are so undeserving of.

3 Likes
(Kelly) #2

@Bible_Memorization_Group

I am very grateful for this thread. I have never learned so much scripture…ever! I will admit, that I’m very glad that there is only one verse next week because I don’t have the last two or three down very well! :crazy_face:

I’m just throwing this out as an idea, but what would the group think about taking one week of review for all of Chapter 1 after we finish the last verse? I certainly don’t want to hold anyone up, so if the majority would prefer to march forward, I’m on board! :slight_smile:

3 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #3

I like the idea of one week of review before Col 2. I need some practice too with the last few verses.

1 Like
(Tim Ramey) #4

OK all, you’ve hear the bosses. A verse to finalize Colossians 1 and take a reprieve of a week before we launch into Colossians.2.

Do you guys start this weeks verses? Christ in you, the hope of glory!

2 Likes
(David Cieszynski) #5

Evening Tim,

How are you doing physically, mentally and spiritually? From what we have heard you are amongst dear friends who are struggling and by the sounds of it you are doing your most to be there for them. But you need to remember that you to will need to take time out even if it’s for half a day to recharge and allow God to minister to you.

2 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #6

Thanks for your concern David. I’m not saying this in a martyr-ish fashion but I am doing very well. The emotions are what have been heavy. Jun is doing better. He told me today that we are really in an all out battle. He’s the one I feel for Also Julie and Eve, the widows of Eddie and Gar. But I’ve asked for prayer under that section. Thanks David!

(Danna Crouse) #7

Hi
I like the idea also. Think it would help me to review.
Thanks!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
(Donna Perry) #8

Kelly, I would love an additional week to review Chapter 1 - not
that a week will help me. I’m plugging along but still a ways
behind you. But Kelly, prayer is my main focus. Our children
belong to the One who created them. Our God gave His Son for them
so I continue asking the Lord to claim and save with His mighty
arm of Salvation what belongs to Him. May the blood of Christ
cover our children.

But still, I do need to work harder on memorization.  Maybe if

Paul had used more commas or periods when writing…

Love in Christ woman of God

Donna
3 Likes
(Kelly) #9

@Donna

Hey Donna, I am in complete agreement regarding prayer!! I am so excited for the number of people who have jumped in and as a community we are praying for each other.

I have found memorizing the scripture to be very useful, although it is very challenging! I encourage you to keep plugging along. I joined back in Philippians and didn’t keep up, but glad I learned what I did. Agree, however, that Paul could use a few more periods! So many run-on sentences. Love the smaller verses when we have them!

Deeply grateful for people agreeing in prayer for my two daughters and feel privileged to join in prayer for the needs of others.

Sisters in Christ

Kelly

2 Likes
(David Cieszynski) #10

Evening Tim, I’m reading John MacArthur’s The Gospel According to Jesus, and he talks about taking Jesus’ yoke which signifies obedience to Him. And unlike manmade yokes his yoke we can carry. He finishes off with Philippines 4:13 "I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.

1 Like