Colossians 1:29 Prayer

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

I am going to the mountains on Saturday, my time and will be up there through Sunday so I am posting thread early. So, if you wouldn’t mind, any new or updates, could you post here? Thanks again for praying for Jun. We accomplished a lot together today but he is not yet at full strength.

Please Pray
-That Jun will be at full strength as we go to the mountains for Gar’s funeral and that Jesus is glorified at the funeral.
-That Jonathan and Kara would return to Jesus
-Rachel, a sister from Australia formerly in my Core Module years ago, will be encouraged by the love of Jesus as she is being divorced by her husband and that Jesus would bring peace to their daughter Jade’s heart.

Praise
-That Jun is recovering
-That Children Shelter of Cebu is loving the abandoned children with the love of Jesus

5 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #2

Please pray for

• My parents, parents in-laws and my sister - for salvation
  • My spiritual walk as I prepare to see my parents in India in a few months
  • For our children Amit and Nithin that they will know the love of Jesus and experience Him so that they remain founded in faith always.

Appreciate this praying community. Thank you.

4 Likes
(Carol Nagy) #3

Again, group, thank you all for praying. Those of us in our church caring for Phil met last night (Thursday) for prayer for wisdom about where to go from here. I reminded them that two days ago when we visited, Phil was alert and not confused, although still in pain. I know that at that time we talked to Phil about dying and about how there is a big difference in Christians dying and non-Christians dying. He agreed with our pastor that, if he hadn’t been so seriously ill and in pain, none of his family would ever hear about Jesus and the life he gives, and he agreed that his sufferings were worth that. More than anything, he was given hope that Jesus is especially with us in need, in the valley of the shadow of death. Yesterday when I went to see him his pain medicine had been increased so that he said he was not in pain, but it was difficult for him to remain awake, even to drink one of his protein shakes. So when we prayed last night, we were given to understand that Phil will be going home soon, but that this is a victory for him. As I was reminded (when I stubbornly found that hard to believe), when Phil first came to us he had on-and-off-again plans for walking in front of a train to end his life. So we spent the rest of the time crying, but not crying like those in despair. Instead, like those in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, we are comforted by “the God of all comfort…so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction”. So please pray for Phil, now out of pain, but hopefully out of the oppression of the enemy, and for us as we minister to him and his non-Christian family. I’m sorry this is so long, but I can’t tell this without testifying of the incredible grace and love of Jesus. Thanks for praying. And I am still praying for Jun for both kinds of healing.

5 Likes
(Kelly) #4

Please pray for my daughters Autumn and Lauren. Use people and circumstances to draw them back to God. My relationship with both grow strong and unshakable. God to be glorified and for the praise of His name to be on their lips.

Thank you Father that you are able to do abundantly above and beyond all we ask or think!

3 Likes
(Donna Perry) #5

Just reading your email again. “When I am weak, He is strong”
comes to mind in you and Jun.

** Prayer: Tomorrow I will share on video for our church what
the Lord has done in my life over the past year. So please pray
for courage, a blessing for God’s people and God be glorified.
Thank you.**

Together in Christ and for His glory

Donna
3 Likes
(Sieglinde) #6

I am touched by the love that has been shared between you, your church/Pastor and Phil during this painful, heart wrenching hour. He is blessed to have you guys and it is no mistake that God linked you all for such a time as this. Thank you so much for sharing this. Will continue to pray. Keep us posted.
God Bless*:heart:*

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #7

Carol, it hit me today that you should slowly read Colossians 1 to Phil. There are so many words of encouragement there. I centered on some for him today and then I thought, the whole chapter is so good.

I will be having my prayer huddle with you Kelly and Lakshmi, as I fly out tomorrow. It’ll be my last time adjustment prayer time.Will anyone else join us?

Oh, there is so much to tell all of you about this rich time. The mountain customs for funerals is beyond words. I don’t know when I ever will but it is fascinating! Jun was so encouraged by all of the prayer for him. We had such a rich conversation.

O you guys, pineapple - I’m not crazy about it at home as it is hard, yellow and stringy. They were out of this world in Taboli where most of the world pineapple comes from. It was deep orange color, no strings and slurpy and from another planet!

I’m so sorry. Talk about getting off track!

6 Likes
(Linda Nikitin) #8

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Sunday, May 19, 2019
Dear Friends in our Wonderful Colossians Group,
Just a quick note to Thank You All for your prayers for my cough and for my dentist appointment on Friday, May 17. No cavities. No problems. So Thankful!!

I will write more next week. I am working on reviewing Colossians 1:1-2:15
I love the phrase “to the cross or by the cross.”

My mind is filled with The Gospel of John. Trusting The Lord Jesus that, by Jesus Power and Encouragement, I will be able to say The Gospel of John by September 2019. Not all at once. There are 879 Bible verses in The Gospel of John. But every day, a few chapters at a time.

Blessings
Linnie

4 Likes
(Darlene Medford) #9

My dear friends,

I am so glad to be apart of this group and for the opportunity to pray for each other. So glad that you are well Linnie and that your dentist appointment went well. Also, it is good to hear of Jun’a progress. I will continue to pray for Autumn, Lauren, Lakshi’s (sp?) family, Phil and his church family, Rachel, Jade, Jonathan and Kara. Please continue to pray for Brent, Olivia, Ryan, Wesley, and Riley.
Blessings to all - Darlene

6 Likes
(Catherine Keffer) #10

Will also be praying!!

5 Likes
(Linda Nikitin) #11

Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Happy Birthday Catherine!
Trusting The Lord Jesus that you will have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY — full of surprises and a SPECIAL YEAR knowing that The Lord Jesus is guiding and protecting you, giving you HIS STRENGTH and everything you need.

So Happy that you joined our Colossians prayer group. Are you memorizing Colossians with us too? No Pressure. If you aren’t and you want to, feel free to jump in. If you need help, I would be delighted to help you with Colossians.

I am reading Alister McGrath’s biography about J.I. Packer called “J.I. Packer … A Biography”.
It is Wonderful!!
Mr. Packer is the author of the book “Knowing God” and many other books.
In July 2019, He will celebrate his 93rd Birthday.

Lots of Love and Birthday Hugs,
From Aunt Linnie, Aunt Kath and our baby birdie, Winnie and our Dad and Mum
:blush::two_hearts::pray:t2::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::church::hibiscus::bouquet::tulip::rose:

3 Likes
(Sieglinde) #12

Hello Tim :slightly_smiling_face: Love your description of Pineapple, now I want one!

1 Like
(Carol Nagy) #13

Again, group, thank you so much for praying. I want to give an update on Phil. Last night (Wednesday) he went home to be with Jesus. I don’t want to give pages of details, but it was so apparent that every detail concerning his last days, and especially his last hours, we fixed by Jesus. Three members of his family, all non-Christians, heard us and saw us caring for Phil, interacting with each other and hospital staff, and saw how much our church had done for him. Others in his family were unable to come. Also Karla, who had visited him almost every day, was unable to come, and was heartbroken. When we hold his funeral service, I’m wondering what fruit we will see. But thank you all for praying. In part, I grew from seeing this all as death and cancer winning to understanding that the goal all along was for Phil to come home. Can I say I’m grieving and rejoicing at the same time?

5 Likes
(Kelly) #14

Carol, Thank you for the updating us. What an awesome testimony to Phil, to his family and for us here on RZIM. Truly, a reflection of the body of Christ walking in the Spirit. I’m so sorry for your loss, but rejoice that Phil is now healthy and whole and rejoicing face-to-face with our Savior. Prayers for all.

2 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #15

@carolsong88, So sorry to hear about Phil passing away. I praise God for the testimony of your church and that you are rejoicing in hope. May God’s comfort be with the family and may they know the love of Jesus.

2 Likes
(Sieglinde) #16

Wow, I’m so sorry to hear of his passing but I know he had to be so thankful to have you all there. Thank you for updating us.

1 Like
(Tim Ramey) #17

@carolsong88
In Jesus, I find that your words are absolutely true - that we can grieve and rejoice at the same time. Paul speaks of all the times he was going through troubles but he had an inner, inexplicable joy. That’s Jesus in you - the Hope of glory! The witness you were will never be appreciated by you. And Phil - with all of the prayers for him, had a smooth road home.

1 Like
(Carol Nagy) #18

An update on Colossians 1 being read to Phil. I was hesitant to read to him the last few days, since even when he was awake he usually wasn’t focused enough to take anything in, but my pastor encouraged me, saying that I have no idea how he might process this, and reminded me of God speaking to people in dreams and visions many times. So I read it to him quietly, but I noticed that others in the room stopped talking and listened in.
Thank you for the suggestion.

2 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #19

Way to go sister! And what went into Phil’s thought life, you’ll never know. Besides, to have God’s Truth ringing out would be better than any other sounds that he could have heard. I’m proud of you that you’d follow through. Not because it was my idea but because it is God’s Word.