Colossians 1:5-6

Friday, March 1, 2019
Hullo Tabitha,
I’m SO HAPPY that you were able to get to Janet Pope’s website. You may want to put her name in the search box at www.youtube.com too. There is an interview there and some video clips that I saw yesterday.

Blessings In Jesus,
Linnie :hibiscus:

2 Likes

@JasonWalker

Bless your dear heart Jason. If those in the group understood what you have gone through like I do, they would come around you, warming your heart from the verses that they memorized. I feel like prayer, when we talk about love, is putting our money where our mouth is. I’m guilty of not praying for you nearly as much as I should. It is interesting that most of my prayer for you has risen to the surface when I am memorizing.

You are love, brother and we want only the Lord’s best for your wife and children!

@Linnie @tabby68

Dear Sisters,
I didn’t know how to make my reply to both of you as it only selects one person at a time. I just have to tell you Tabitha that your tenaciousness really encourages me. Consider getting Janet’s book as we need all the help that we can get from this pro! I ordered it from the library. (I do that so I can read it first and then purchase it if it is one to pass around. My wife loves books so we have a library at home!)

Linnie, when I went to the Amazon site with regarding Janet’s book, there was a comment by someone who wished that they could meet Janet because of what the book meant to them.

Linnie, I mostly wanted to mention one thing to you. Yesterday, after I posted to this thread, I read your post followed up with prayer. Linnie, I wanted to write another post but there is a point where people get tired of this guy who seems to run at the mouth. I wanted to respond to your post but more so to your prayer. I know that you have posted and prayed before but this time it really did something to me. I don’t think this in a legalistic way, but I thought that we should do that more often

Can anyone who reads this see why we need each other? We all have something to offer that would not be there if you weren’t. Never hesitate to make a comment on our verses. I should include Joyce here because what she mentioned about hope has really impacted me as I memorize that verse.

Dear Jesus, I really mean it, Dearest Friend, thank you for your body that you gave up so willingly so that we can share in your body of believers. Thank you that even the verses of the week refer to heaven but that, by your Holy Spirit, you use your Word to instruct us for today. We want to truly live today for the praise of Your glory!

3 Likes

Joining! I have had issues with memory ever since my earlier days in college (it’s a long story), and I got frustrated because though I tried over and over again, I could not memorize things like Scripture. But I found an app (I don’t usually like apps or being tied to my phone–I am not really a tech person) that has been helping me. For some reason, the way the app does things helps greatly with memorization, and so far I’ve got 16 verses memorized, and it keeps bringing them up for review. It’s called ScriptureTyper in case anyone is interested.
Thanks!
Lindsay Brandt

6 Likes

Friday, March 1, 2019
Hullo Lindsay,
I have been using ScriptureTyper since December 2013. I have it on my Apple IPad 9.7 and my Apple IPod Touch. Now it is called Bible Memory App. Same App. New Name.
Welcome to Connect and to our Colossians group. So Happy you’ve joined us!

Blessings
Linnie

2 Likes

Yes Lindsay, welcome. Please check out the post: How and Why to Memorize Scripture

Also, Lindsay & Linnie, I tried looking at the app but do you know if one can get the app if you don’t have an Apple product?

Thank you @Tim_Ramey - Tim, I may get behind, but will try to keep on going. I have to admit that I tend to start things and don’t ever finish or follow through (I am self diagnosed as ADD, lol) , but if it helps I may look for Janet’s book at my local library too.

Welcome @psalm151ls - Lindsay! I just joined the group about a week or so ago and everyone is so very nice here.

1 Like

That’s great! My app that I got is actually still called ScriptureTyper. I wonder how I found it then. The name is exactly that, too. Curious!

Thanks, Linnie!

2 Likes

Perhaps try the one Linnie is talking about: Bible Memory App. Let us know if you find that one.

1 Like

Hi, tabby68, and thank you. Yes, RZIM Connect is a great platform for people who want to communicate with each other about meaningful things. They really have done a wonderful job with it. Looking forward to working on this together!

Lindsay

3 Likes

The Scripture Typer App seems to have access to it in android. We live in a remote area so our cellphone doesn’t get reception unless we travel. I contacted them to see if the app works on Kindle and computers. Scripture Typer is under the website name of BibleMemory.com

Hey Tabitha, please don’t despair. You can do it. I’m wrestling with verse 6 as it seems a bit disjointed to me but when I get them down, it really flows. I cannot tell you how it has impacted my life. My wife even sees it! But Tabitha, try your best to prioritize it because if it is another thing, it can easily get dropped. Besides the book, I just looked into Scripture Typer or BibleMemory.com and will check out their aids that Linnie and Lindsay has high marks for.

Tabitha (do you go by Tabby as in your @name?), what also helps me is I say it out loud. When I bike I do, at night when I’m awake, I whisper it and to Nancy, my wife, I give the whole chapter to and she reviews it as I recite it to the point where I am.

I’m not trying to beat the point over your head but remember that the enemy doesn’t like you to have God’s Word in your heart!

1 Like

Sorry for such a late response but I have been thinking and praying about praying and memorizing together. I attend a very praying, Bible based church and am in a prayer group there, also in my Bible Study Fellowship we have a prayer group, I’m in a group of sisters in Christ that pray for our families, I am a pray-er for a Freedom Session group and have a personal, solid prayer journal divided into daily, weekly and monthly prayers. What I will add to my journal is names of your children or adult kids for prayer. I’m hesitant to take on more prayer requests than that because I want to be faithful in prayer, not give up and not become overwhelmed. The worldwide Bible Study Fellowship based out of San Antonio is a very intensive Bible study. We study one book of the Bible for 9 months every year. The weekly questions, lecture and 6 pages of notes take time too. I do pray for our memorization group, that God would truly bless us as we tuck His word into our hearts and live it out in our lives for His glory. I don’t think I answered the question. Tim, when you send out our verses on Saturday could prayer requests from our group be added? Then before starting to memorize our next verses we could pray for each request?
Blessings - and Tim, hope you had a fun bike ride in the snow! Its -23 here today so I won’t be out riding!
Donna

2 Likes

Donna, it was good to hear from you. You sound busier than a one-armed paper hanger. I can see why you wonder about taking on more. I read a book years ago called “Rees Howells: Intercessor” and he would tell people, when they asked for prayer, that he would have to pray and see if the Lord wanted him to take that person on. To do a good job, you can’t get ot from too many places. The technology age makes it harder because we get it from everywhere from posts here to mission agencies. I could understand your dilemma.

If you go back to post #25, I had made a decision based on the feedback. If someone wants to post a prayer request, whether in the middle of it or if it is the intention of the post, they would just preface it with Prayer: and then put in the prayer need.

If your -23 was -23C, then we were about the same at -6F. If it was Farenheit, it would be much colder. Then add the plains to that and it would be very bitter.

Thanks for your input Donna!

Hey Tim, most people call me Tabitha. Tabby was a childhood nick name that stuck with a few people (mainly my siblings), but Tabitha is what I usually go by. I always appreciate your words of encouragement. Yeah verses 5-6 are a little longer and don’t seem to flow as easily. I am going tomorrow to watch my daughter play tennis in West Point, GA tomorrow, so I will take my Bible with me and work on them and get my husband to help me and maybe even memorize with me. :grinning:. I also thought about asking someone from my Bible study group here in town to join this Bible memorization group to have someone to work alongside with on it.

1 Like

Saturday, March 2, 2019
Hullo Lindsay,
You may want to check out www.scripturememory.com too.
They are in Texas and they are my friends. They have an app that is free, I believe. I earn points to send Bibles to closed countries. My friends, Dakota and Laura Lynch have a video on www.youtube.com

I think it is called “How to Memorize a book of The Bible in 15 minutes a day.

Blessings
Linnie

2 Likes

Hi, Linnie! Thank you :). I will definitely look that up. Also, I was laughing last night, because I had looked the app up under the name ScriptureTyper, but I never saw what it said under the logo after it downloaded. It says “Bible Memory App.” That is why it was so confusing. Funny.

Thanks again, Linnie.

Lindsay

2 Likes

Brother Tim - I was just on the Jerusalem Channel website
watching an interview with Ruth Williams, a regular pray-er with
Rees, and Samuel Howells speaking about his father Rees Howells -
amazing. A true man of God and intercessor. Thank you for pointing
me to the Rees Howells biography, ‘Intercessor’ by Norman Grubb.
In one of your other emails you mentioned prayer is hard work. I
knew that, but Rees Howells takes prayer to a much higher level
than where I am so I will order this book. In case you haven’t
seen this interview:

I agree with the decision of putting our prayer needs in the preface

of Prayer: we could take a few minutes to lift that person
and their need up to the Lord right then.

And Tim, its only 0F for you which is -18C here.

God's grace and peace be with you.

Donna
1 Like

Dear Donna
Yes, 'Rees Howells:Intercessor" by Norman Grubb is very good. As you probably heard me say, he would not flippantly pray for people but seek the Lord as to if he is to take them on. When he does, he takes it seriously. Donna, something he did,I wonder what you think. He once prayed for someone who was dying. In so doing, he felt that his intercession meant that she would live but he would take her place. Obviously, they both lived. If Jesus paid it all, what part do we need to play? However, I appreciate that it is how serious that he took prayer and I wonder if there is legitimacy to his idea. It didn’t mean that he saved the woman as only Jesus does.But there was a priest who prayed to be taken to keep Mother Theresa alive and that is what happened. Regardless of the theology, I appreciate the intensity. But what do you think, or anyone else reading this?

Temperature update: yes, it is 0F when it is -18C, but when it’s -40C it is -40F. We do catch up to tou eventually!

Thanks, Dear Sister!
Tim

Kelelek, Thanks for the prayers and the visual of seeds and planting - I know He is at work in their hearts, for He is faithful. Thanks for the reminder. :slight_smile:

2 Likes