Colossians 2:11-12

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Memorization Group,

After slipping because my stint in the Philippines broke my routine, I’ve got Colossians 1 and 2 through verse 10, down and am dusting off some of my previous chapters learned. When we memorized the chapters in Philippians, I wondered how I lived without them in my heart, but now I feel even more so that way with Colossians. Have you appreciated Colossians more than you ever had?

Gratitude rises from my heart to this day, when I’m waiting for someone. Rather than being idle, I recite my verses and find it really enhances my life.

Along that line, I wrote a post yesterday to all of you in last week’s thread. It was in the spirit of what I stated above was one of the points I was asking you. Because these verses have turned my walk with Jesus upside down, I want it for everyone. But the Holy Spirit doesn’t often work that way as He has a spiritual plan for each of you that is different from the next. But if He has this for your best, how I want with all of my heart that you would experience God’s best for you. When there is no response, I’m not dismayed because no one is responding to me, but rather, does He not have it for any of you so should I just keep it to myself?

With that in mind, here are the verses for this week that are so very powerful. What else are you suppose to say about Scripture as a Christian but they really are so rich:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (KJV)

Colossians 2:11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
Colossians 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. (ESV)

May your lives be changed because of these verses.

3 Likes