Colossians 2:15-16 Prayer

@Bible_Memorization_Group

As we post people and situations to pray for in the upcoming week, please keep in mind to post if there was any results. Sometimes it may appear as a negative result but it is good to keep us abreast.

I wish there was something moving in the situations that I’ve mentioned of late. It is so hard, when week after week, I post the same things with no changes.

Sadie, did you hear of anything after the youth camp? Sometimes kids come back from there high and we need to pray against what happens many times - they go flat. Again, keep us informed.

Pray
-Once again, I ask for Jonathan and Kara to see their need for our Savior.
-I’ve taken on a former RZIM fellow Core Moduler, Rachel from Australia, who is struggling with a husband seeking a divorce resulting in angry daughters. I don’t get many updates from her.
-What Jesus wants us to do about our lodge - should we sell or should we hold onto to it in hopes of some of our children coming along as we have done this for 40 years and wearing out?
-To what degree should my involvement be with Jun & Regina and the Children’s Shelter of Cebu in the Philippines given that Nancy doesn’t feel the same thrust.

5 Likes

Thank you all for praying. We had a comfortable journey and reached India safely. The trip so far has gone well and was able to get into spiritual discussions with parents one time. I was glad about their willingness to listen me out in that conversation.
Prayer requests

1. Natural opportunities in conversations with family for me to be able to speak thoughtfully with life giving words from the Bible.
  2. Salvation for parents and grandmother. Will be visiting grandma in a couple days.
  3. Good health for family on my trip.
  4. For a couple - Joel and Mary who are considering divorce.

Thanks so much! God bless!

5 Likes

I have been talking to one friend from camp this week. He said he has been talking to the pastors at our church and is close to giving his life to Christ! I have also seen a few people who have decided it is time to be baptized so that is very encouraging since no one has been baptized in our church in two years.

6 Likes

Sadie, isn’t that promising news?!?! Remember to tell us who/what you want us to pray for this week if you are so moved. It’s always great to get a report like yours. Thanks!

2 Likes

There are still many areas of North Carolina struggling from the effects of Hurricane Florence last fall. Please pray for a group going to Eastern NC this Wednesday to help with construction on homes that were damaged in the storm. The youth groups from my church and two other local churches will be going together. Pray we will be able to share the hope of the gospel with the people we meet there.

5 Likes

Thank you for your prayers. I still ask for prayer for us as a team (pastor Jeff, Janna, and myself) as we see continued blows from the enemy in our ministry. They mentioned that in the past month 7 in our small community have died, 7 personally known by them and also some by me. For myself, even at my lowest I know that my God is still in control and has a good, loving purpose governing all this. Even through all this I am finding peace, and I believe it is partly through the prayers of y’all. Please pray for our community and the huge numbers of suicides and attempted suicides. People blame alcohol, drugs, and the heat, but I blame the inner emptiness of a Christ-less life. Thank you.

6 Likes

My praise is that God is faithful!! Thank you to those who continue to pray with me for . . .

• my two daughters (and the boyfriend and family) to not waste their life on chasing the wind, but come to the knowledge and wisdom of God.
  • would like to add prayer for direction for myself. My job is a little unstable. We have a group that meets and would like to see it grow and turn into a place for unbelievers to join…maybe have it go a little deeper.

Blessings~

5 Likes

Carol, thanks for having the guts to sick it out even when you are tired and discouraged.

Forgive me if I’ve given this illustration before but I was a crosscountry runner in college. When we trained, my times would improve. However, I would have days where, as hard as I tried, my times didn’t improve and on occasion, would get even worse.I would reach a plateau as it is referred to. Nonetheless, I strained ahead with everything I had when suddenly, on a given day, my times would improve. The improvement wasn’t attributed to the day that my times were good but rather, it was due to persevering when I would strive with no positive results.

So I feel that it is with our walks with Jesus. Right now Carol, the work is being done with no seeming results. However, as we remain faithful in prayer, the results will show. You are right - alcohol, drugs etc are only symptoms of the problem. The Holy Spirit deals with the root of the problem. Without Jesus in one’s life, what else can be expected?

1 Like

Dear friends,

Please continue to pray for all the kids:
Brent - for salvation
Olivia - for either salvation or a returning to Jesus
Wesley - same as Olivia

Riley - is a church camp this week. He is shy - pray for him to connect with others at the camp and make friends and grow in his new faith.

Me - I have so many responsibilities that I am overwhelmed. Work, mom, homeowner, teacher . . . .others juggle these tasks too but . . .I seem spread thin and nothing is done well.

Praying for you all.

5 Likes

@Leslie_Harris @Laurieb75

I am writing to you two so that you can go to this thread. I should have just written to you Leslie, rather giving you all of those steps. If you want to get it automatically, please sign up at @Bible_Memorization_Group

We’re praying for you!!!

1 Like

@Tsilise
Brother, thanks for opening up about your need for prayer.

There is a group of us that have been memorizing chapters of the Bible and from that, another prayer thread has developed. We will pray but if you post it here, it will be prayed for with others who are asking for prayer. We see it as an honor to pray with you. Just take a look at this thread where I am writing to you. If you’d like to get notified automatically, sign on at @Bible_Memorization_Group and you’ll receive info on the verses that we are memorizing but also have a consolidated spot for prayer. We post for the week so if you post with no results, post it the following week so we are aware what is happening in your life. Hope to see you here!

2 Likes

Thank you and I will surely keep all of you abreast with the results. God bless

3 Likes

We are in the midst of an epidemic. I’m not trying to sound sensational but the percentage of Christians that I know who have a child/children walking away from Jesus is staggering. Gangrene grows and finally kills and that is what the enemy is getting away with in our Christian homes.

There are many in Connect that are facing this problem - a huge amount of members. I don’t know many but I can guarantee that the majority, if not all those who mourn, are genuine Christians. The friends that I know well, who face this, are some of the most godly people that I come into contact with.

Yet the enemy has a plan. He comes and not only robs us of our children but then points an accusing finger at us saying that it is all our fault. So the kids are walking away and the parents are condemned. Great! A win-win for the enemy.

We really need to join forces. I don’t know enough about prayer to think, do numbers make a difference but the reason I think so is not because the Lord is wowed, but if we have a 100 praying, we’ll all have a different twist, a different angle so it’s the Body of Christ praying.

I personally am tired of this and if God is not faithful in this, then He’s not faithful ever. But He is faithful. Please, we need to take this seriously. If a neighbor’s child has cancer we pray but if they aren’t believers we can let it slide.

We are a memorization group but it’s hard to memorize things such as to pray without ceasing or being His ambassadors without doing it. Do I sound like I’m advocating good works? Absolutely as Paul tells us that he wanted the church to know how greatly he strives for them, among other places that he presses on and strains forward and labors for the Kingdom.

3 Likes

Brother Tim, you have a gift for bringing up difficult issues. I myself have seen the agony of parent(s) praying for child(ren) to come to Jesus, not seeing results in prayer. I also see the difference in their prayers for others to come to Jesus, if not of the immediate family. Coming from a place where I so earnest wanted healing for someone about to die, I can recognize a basic disbelief that the Holy Spirit is working or will work. I believe (if I am wrong, please someone show me) that we ALL need to come to the place Abraham came to in Genesis 22, being willing to sacrifice his son, his only son, the son he loved, as his God asked. When I feel that God is not working to save, I need to battle in prayer to recognize what I know is true: that he is Sovereign and gives no guarantee that anyone will be saved; that his understanding as knowing me and knowing the other is greater than I will ever know; that his love is so far beyond comprehension, shown in the fact that he asked his own Son to die to make it possible for me and the unsaved person to live. When I recognize these truths, then I can move on to be able to surrender this person into his loving hands. It took many years and many disgusting messes for me to allow Jesus to rescue me; I can’t demand that the Holy Spirit work more expeditiously in anyone else. That said, yes, I do pray for children of believers. Their names are on the side of my refrigerator. (I had to take magnets off to make room.)

3 Likes

Carol, thanks so much for your input. I have comments but I have such a big mouth it seems, that I’d so love others to respond to this very pertinent issue. Anyone?

1 Like

Brother Tim,

It does seem like more of our children are walking away from the church. Perhaps it has always been this way but my generation continued to go to church to please their parents while being as far away from Christ as children are today.
Last October it became a priority for me to really pray for my kids - and I began to earnestly pray each morning for them. And, Riley gave his heart to Jesus last month and I see glimpses of Jesus working in the lives of my other kids. I will faithfully continue to pray for all of our kids: Kelly’s girls - Autumn and Lauren, and your kids - Jonathan and Kara. He is faithful. He loves them more than we can imagine and He says in His word that he would not have any to perish. I know that He will faithfully pursue all of our children and grant them mercy and grace. We have to not forget to praise. There is power in praise - power in His precious blood. Brother Tim - thanks for being our coach and motivator - I need your post so much to keep me focused on the goal.

2 Likes

Dear Darlene
Your commitment to pray is extraordinary in this age. There is a dearth of it that I feel contributes greatly to the chaos of our society as we ignore the commands we were given to obey. You are a trooper. On your own you do a bang-up job! Thanks for your faithfulness as it blesses us all.

Riley’s influence on the other kids is such great news. I wondered with him being the youngest if he would be tested holding his own. Praise God for what He is doing in the Medford family!!!

Keep praying sister!

1 Like

Hi Tim,

Speaking as a Father it’s frustrating to see my children be preoccupied and moan when it’s Sunday, don’t want to pray at bedtime. But I don’t believe in forcing them to pray at night, they do go to church when we do as their to young to stay at home.

I think some of their issues is that grandparents from both sides of the family have a tendency to ‘over-spiritualise’ everything which even gets my back-up

My daughter likes to ask questions but son shuts them down straight away, but with her you need to engage at that moment in time otherwise she’ll lose interest.

Just need to keep on praying and trust that He will meet with them when the time is right.

3 Likes

Dear Carol
I always value your insight and your fervent conclusions.

I would concur with your remarks. What concerns me in our Christian community is that we either see prayer as a means to tell God what to do when, or we don’t pray because, after all, He is sovereign and will do what He wants anyway. I have been in both camps and believe both to be erroneous.

Surrender is the key word that you used that says it all.

1 Like

Hey guys! Update on my prayer request. One of my friends named Zachary walked up at the end of church service today requesting baptism and professing his decision to become a Christian!! I had a few conversations with him at camp about baptism and what it means to be a Christian so I am so thankful he has taken this step to be baptized. Praise the Lord.

6 Likes