Colossians 2:19-20

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Do you realize in a few weeks we will have completed memorizing chapter 1 and 2 of Colossians! It has been so rich. It has aided me so much in my walk with Jesus. I truly can’t imagine a relationship

As an example as to how it has helped, I have had times where I asked a question about a verse and its meaning and Later, sometimes within the weeks, sometimes months later - it hits me. That is why I am no saying that there is not a place for commentators but I love to try to think on it and use tools such as one that gives the Greek word and where else it is used in the NT. As I see how the word has a different meanings as it is translated, it gives me a broader perspective of its usage. I love sensing that the precious Holy Spirit has enlightened me.

Please share sometimes about things you learn, questions, insights - whatever as it all encourages us. Here we go for the week ahead. Such words of great depth:

Colossians 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (KJV)

Colossians 2:19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.
Colossians 2:20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations— (ESV)

Our friendships come and go and even within a current friendship, they ebb and flow but Jesus’ heart for each of us is consistently the most it could ever be.

3 Likes

This is so much better than memorizing isolated verses or key passages. I have always seen the awesomeness of who Jesus is in these chapters, but now I am seeing the deep love that Paul has for those of the faith, even for those he has not seen face to face.

1 Like