Colossians 2:21-22 Prayer

@Bible_Memorization_Group

There are 82 of us in this group and I am reticent to refer to individuals as there are possibly some out there, whose names we don’t know but who are in prayer with us. However, you will never know how this group revives my hope that believers do pray. What I wouldn’t give to have Lakshmi, Kelly, Darlene, Carol, Donna, Sig, Jason, David, Linnie, Heidi, Tabitha, Daniel, Sadie, Catherine and forgive me for the many that I’ve not referred to, live in my neighborhood and have all-night prayer meetings and the dropping of a some usual activity to pray together - to live in a prayer community

That’s one of the reasons why I wanted to, at least, have a time of prayer together at the same time on a given day as we are spread out all over the world. Donna also mentioned the reason that I so long to know what those who I am praying for look like because I am such a visual person. I picked up so much by last week’s posts on prayer.

Let’s really grab hold of what Jesus wants to do with us and possibly, how we could gather - Skype, saints in an area, etc. I am not giving up on this world. I know that someday it will fall apart but we need to stick together and seek Jesus, always praising Him, thanking Him and repenting as the Holy Spirit puts His finger on our lives. I feel so privileged to know you. You encourage me so much. Thank you for loving Jesus and desiring Him to be glorified. I’ve rattled at the mouth again…

Please pray for:
-Jonathan, my son who is coming home for the week, along with our daughter Kara - that they will come back to Jesus. That my 5 other children will be white hot for Jesus!
-What we should do about our lodge - sell, family could take it over???
-My wife Nancy & I would get some quality time together.

8 Likes

I echo your sentiments, Tim. Every time I see someone post that they are praying for the requests, it feels like someone is helping carry the burden. I appreciate each and every prayer and am lifting each request up that is posted.

Please pray for

• I am so longing for the truth of God’s awesome love and plans for Autumn (and boyfriend) and Lauren to be manifested in their lives.
6 Likes

Thank you for inspiring us Tim :heart: Will be praying :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Thanks brother Tim, for continuing to speak in such a way as to stir our faith. As I read your post, I was reminded of Heb 9:28 - So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. How are we being eager in our waiting for the Lord?

My prayer requests:

1. Atleast one more opportunity to wrap up the conversations I started with my father about salvation before my trip ends this week.
  2. My mother requested prayer to Jesus for a hindu devotee friend Divakar undergoing a heart surgery tomorrow. I praise God for her openness in this.
  3. Continued prayer for my grandmother to seek to understand the message of the cross.
  4. Joel and Mary whom we have been praying for are heading toward divorce. Please pray that they turn their hearts to Jesus.

I feel so blessed that I have so many of you praying for my family. I know that there are some of you praying, with whom I have not exchanged even a single post on Connect. Thank you once again!

7 Likes

Oh my dear friends to know that we pray for each other. It is so awesome - and even more awesome that God hears and He is pursuing Autumn, Lauren, Jonathan, Kara, Lakshmi’s patents and in laws - Cathetine’s daughter and mom, Sig’s grandson - and forgive me for those I have missed.

I was in traffic school today with Wesley for a rolling stop instead of a complete stop at an intersection . He got to participate in 4 driving exercises and while waiting for his turn to drive - a young lady sitting beside him asked him - “ do you know Jesus?” :blush::blush::tada::tada: to which he replied - yes. But I haven’t been close to Him in a while. She said that’s ok - we all struggle. It takes a few minutes to draw close to Him. Friends, Jesus pursues our children - He loves them and would not have any to perish. Just had to share - hope it is encouraging.
Praying for you all - really praying for you all. Darlene

7 Likes

Really, please don’t give up hope praying for lost loved ones. My church youth group prayed for me for 10+ years before I accepted Jesus. Sometimes his way is strange and takes a long time, but we need to make him our confidence, and not the process. This is a vacation week for our church, but not, apparently for our God! He is Awesome in bringing hungry people to us and arranging conversations that lead to new understanding. I keep getting reminded of the awesomeness of the saints for whom I’m praying.

6 Likes

@darlene @carolsong88

What great encouragement!

Darlene, your heart must have been truly blessed to see God’s work in Wesley. What a treasured moment!! Your commitment to pray for all is comforting. I know I’ve mentioned before, but it really does feel like the load and burden is lighter when you know others are standing with you. Olivia, Brent, Ryan and Wesley are on my heart and in my prayers.

Carol, it is hard to remember that time means nothing to God and we’re to keep our eyes and faith in Him. I do struggle with that at times because I long for both daughters to know His goodness and use their gifts and talents for Him in this life. So, thank you for posting. It’s not in my time, but His and only He knows what is needed to bring them to a place of true worship.

I look forward to prayer with everyone today.

6 Likes

Kelly, you state it all better than I could. Amen to your post.

Darlene, first Ryan and now things are brewing with Wesley. You must be ecstatic! Both Ryan and Wesley have work left to accomplish in them but what a blessing to have an angel asking Wesley if he know Jesus! Wow! It also is an encouragement that we should all be a bit more bold in asking if people know Jesus as that is what happened to Nabeel as well.

See ya shortly Kelly and whoever is joining us at 2. Are you one of them Lakshmi? If so, thanks for the sacrifice of getting up to pray.

I so appreciate you all!!

6 Likes

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Just a quick check in with you all. I absolutely love each and every one of you and am so very encouraged to know that we are praying for one another. Even when I am not able to respond much to the posts, I am still reading and interceding (watch and pray)! The testimony about Wesley and Lakshmi’s family literately brought tears to my eyes. Jesus is so absolutely wonderful. Such a pure love that words cannot express. Love you all. Praise Jesus! Our Father is Faithful! Thank God for the Holy Spirit!

6 Likes

Thanks @Catherine for your prayers. I believe God is working behind the scenes though we dont see the fruit fully yet. We will keep pressing on! Still praying for the requests you have made previously.

6 Likes

Lakshmi, your trip has been more than a family outing. You have been an ambassador for Jesus. With a mind aware of opportunities and yet, not having it diminish your time in India, you have been such an encouragement to those of us at home. I echo Catherine’s words verbatim. I, too, love this group and am in awe of God’s faithful work through you and Darlene ministering by just being herself. The Lord is at work and this damaged world really needs the touch of Jesus. Keep going all out for Jesus, brothers ans sisters.

It really struck me today that Paul’s work and words was not an aside. It was all consuming and he invested his life. We are to be no different but give our all for Him. What made me recall this was 2Co 5:14-15 “For the love of Christ controls us, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died. And he died for all, that those who live might live no longer for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.” He died for us so we might live for him.

Lakshmi, please let us know, if possible, what your travel dates are so we can pray, OK?

4 Likes

@Catherine, your post reminded me of a part of Colossians 1 (don’t know verses by memory): “We always thank God, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you…” Memorizing and repeating let me see groups of Christians praying for each other.
One of the unadvertised specials in the Kingdom of God.

2 Likes

Thanks brother Tim! I felt you have all been with me on this trip continually encouraging and supporting me in prayer. We leave our home in India for the airport in the next 12 hours. It will be Friday midnight (CT) by the time we reach home in the US. Thanks for praying!

4 Likes

Lakshmi, you leave in 2+ hours. Praying…

3 Likes

Amen

3 Likes

May the LORD cover you in your travel

3 Likes

It would be nice if we ever got the opportunity to pray together @Bible_Memorization_Group

3 Likes

Amen to that Jason!