Colossians 2:3-4 Prayer

biblememorization
(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Here is the area where anyone can hop in but it is primarily for the memorization group to come forth with prayer needs. As we memorize Scripture, so much light has been given as how to pray.

There is another aspect that I thought very necessary to bring up. When we have God’s Word in our hearts and we pray what we know would be His will, often we wonder what is going on? We are praying God’s Word but nothing. Is He unfaithful? Never! Wait - before I say that, that is really the issue. When we don’t get what is going on, We pray and things seem to get worse. Jesus asks us individually and personally, “But do you still believe Me?” We have to decide whether we believe Him and take Him at His Word or are we going to look around, see no change and toss in the towel. Either He is faithful all of the time or He isn’t faithful. We have learned so many verses that emphasize our need for faith in Him.

So I will add my prayer requests later but I wanted to get the thread going so that we can pray as they come in. Thanks for praying together. We get more action on the prayer dimension of the memorization thread than we do on the verses that we are memorizing for the week. To find dear ones like you who pray is rare. All glory to Jesus!

3 Likes
(Carol Nagy) #2

@Tim_Ramey just remember Hebrews 11:39 – the greats of OT faith “did not receive what was promised” but God had something better in mind. It’s not so much faith that God will give us what we want, but faith in him as the powerful and merciful person we know him to be.

My prayer request this time is for me: to thank God always and rejoice. I remember one of the alcoholics, who lost home and family and health from his drinking, always thanking God during our praise and thanksgiving sessions for “being alive on God’s good earth”. I complain too much.

3 Likes
(Kelly) #3

Prayer requests: Autumn and Lauren to be delivered from the domain of darkness to the kingdom of His beloved Son. To find redemption and the deliverance of their sins. Hunger and thirst for God.

Sincere appreciation for agreement of prayer!!! :heart:

4 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #4

Prayer for
-my son Jonathan and daughter Kara who would say they are Christians but are cynical of the Bible and dislike church - or anything else Christian for that matter!
-Rachel’s marriage. In Australia her husband is filing for a divorce and her daughters are angry and she is discouraged. She’s an old friend in my Core Module course many years ago.
-Jun still has his cough and feels lousy. The enemy is after him.
-my heart is grieved for the lack of interest in Jesus in those around me. I’ve not shaken off whatever I have since coming back from the Philippines but it bothers me more because I don’t feel like I am being an effective witness when I sag through life.

Amen to Kelly 's remark about united prayer! Thanks brothers and sisters from the bottom of my heart.

4 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #5

Please pray for

• salvation for family members- parents, in-laws, sister
  • Amit and Nithin - education and spiritual growth
  • for a friend’s daughter who is recovering from an attempted suicide.

Thank you all so much! It is encouraging to read some updates and to be part of this prayer group.

4 Likes
(Kelly) #6

@Lakshmismehta Wow, prayers for this friend!

I would also like to add my niece, who has been fighting a drug and alcohol addition for the last 15 years. I believe she’s fallen off the wagon yet again. :sob:

Never a lack of needs for God! It’s hard to image a God of love shouldering so much sorrow. I shoulder only a small group of people for one lifetime…God throughout creation and every living soul. He is truly worthy of praise and worship.

5 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #7

Lakshmi and Kelly, thanks for your hearts that see the importance of prayer. Where else would we turn but to Jesus? Well said Kelly about how you and all of us shoulder only a small group of people for one lifetime. It is so encouraging to realize that since Jesus is the Truth, many of those we shoulder will turn to Him and they will shoulder others and on and on it goes. The verse this week really makes our burden light when it says that In Jesus are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. If that is true, and we believe it is, what a profound thought. Everything, all those we pray for and the world around us need to know that in Jesus is all wisdom and knowledge!!!

In less than an hour and a half, I’ll meet with you…

3 Likes
(Kyle Spencer) #8
  • Preaching on this Sunday on Colossians 2:1-5. Filling in for the senior pastor for the Father’s Day sermon.
  • After I preach my wife and I are actually going to start exploring other churches to potentially call our home church so for discernment in that.
3 Likes