Colossians 3:1-2 Prayer

@Interested_in_Prayer

Dear Prayer Group

For those of you that are new to the group, we submit prayer requests and pray for each other all week. Next week we do the same, even if there is a redundancy of prayer requests. It is nice if praises are reported here as well.

I need to tell all of you where I am terribly burdened and that is for those who are enduring emotional pain alone. You don’t know how many conversations that I have after church where believers are emotionally distraught but can’t mention when we pray in church because - and get this - they don’t feel that it is the place to do so. In church! So please, if your heart aches please share it to the degree that you feel comfortable with. You are in a safe place and we have pledged to keep it right here.

Already in this group, you will notice that we have physical ailments mentioned and we should. But there are heartaches and longing for salvation of many - often times our own children. But if you are depressed, addicted to a sin, in pain over the death of a loved one - here is the place to open up because we will pray.

I’m getting too wordy again but most of us do not put you on our checklist but seek the intervention of the Holy Spirit on each prayer item. We are all on a journey to learn how to pray but we do and that pleases our Lord.

Please Pray
-That Jonathan and Kara, two of my children, would find their way back home and fall into Jesus’ arms.

-We own a lodge and it is our busy season but we are terribly short staffed and so have to close for some of our mealtimes. We need waitstaff but have scoured the earth and cannot find any possibilities.

-I’m 68 and my wife is 66 and we want to know Jesus’ will as to what He wants in regards to our lodge. Should we sell it or keep going or hold onto for a number of years until some of our children can take over?

-Nancy is physically going downhill. She has constant headaches, is losing her balance, has neuropathy, and is very tired but is such a trooper - a genuine angel. Praise God for 46 years of marriage, 7 children and 23 grandchildren and 5 lovely son and daughter-in-laws.

-Jun & Regina and family are from and minister in Mindanao in the Philippines. They have constant attack on their bodies by the enemy to deter them. They stand strong but as with those helping to lift Moses’s hands to win the battle, we need to be doing the same.

Thank you!

8 Likes

Please pray for my unsaved children and grandchildren.
I have 6 daughters, two step sons and many grandchildren.
(One daughter and son in law are believers.) Pray they would be a strong witness and testimony to the others.
The siblings have more influence in one another’s lives now that they are adult, then, their parents do.

Please, pray for my spouse who has had two different life threatening bouts of cancer. He has had extensive surgery. This spring he developed an inguinal hernia and has a lot of pain. The surgeon doesn’t want to attempt to repair it. My spouse had a follow up PET scan screening for cancer this last week. We’d appreciate prayer, that if God wills, that he might not have any reoccurrence of cancer.

6 Likes

Greetings and blessings to the prayer group!! I have to admit I’ve had an emotional week, but God keeps picking me up. @Billie I would have to agree that siblings have a tremendous influence on each other, so with that said…

-Please pray for my two daughters to have ears to hear and eyes to see and respond to their heavenly Father in love and adoration. They do indeed influence each other.
-Payers for His protection, discernment and intervention.

You will all be in my prayers as well as your prayer requests. Thank you!!

6 Likes

I must add an encouragement regarding prayer Billie and Kelly.

We don’t have enough workers in our area so we have international students that need a special visa. It’s a long story but after church today, one student from China who was mentored by a brother from our church, given a Mandarin Bible from another - so many people involved that it was the body of Christ - wanted to be baptized so with the temps being in the 50’s up here we went to a lake and he was baptized.

He is a philosophy major in college but we had prayed all summer for him and today, he took the plunge. Other Chinese students who aren’t Christians came sat amazed.

If you had hear the long story, you would realize all of the pray that went up for this man’s salvation, it was so heartening. I know that I don’t have to say it but keep praying - all of us!

5 Likes

That is encouraging. What a wondrous mercy and answer to prayer.

Seems like God is stirring the hearts of His people to pray.
The message this morning was Jesus saying: You ought always to pray and do not give up.

I do admit, there are times when I feel discouraged.
I’ve been praying for at least 5 decades for my own siblings…and 45 years for my children.

But, the scripture exhorts…never give up…this keeps me moving forward in prayer.

I also think of John Newton’s mother, who died without seeing God’s answer to her prayers for her son. Yet, God indeed answered her prayers and did about and beyond all she could have asked or thought…All to the Glory of God.

6 Likes

Thank you for response and understanding.

I’m so thankful for people who are willing and wanting to be prayer partners.

May God grant you the joy of seeing your children walk in faith.

4 Likes

Dear Friends,

I love hearing about the Chinese student. Wonderful.

Praying for you all. I am so glad we have this group to encourage and pray for each other.

Please pray for my children that they may know Him in a real way. Pray for me as I work and homeschool Riley that I walk in wisdom and focus on what is important. Pray for our church - it is still struggling from changing pastors.

Darlene

4 Likes

Nothing is closer to me than a prayer group!

4 Likes

Praise God for the decision to be baptized by the Chinese student. It is encouraging to hear of answered prayers.

@Billie, thank you for sharing your prayer requests here. As God promises to hear us when believers come together in agreement in prayer ( Matt 18:19), I believe there is power in united prayer. Praise God for your perseverance in prayer. That His will is none shall perish (2 Peter 3:9), gives me hope. He gives victories, salvation, promises protection to those who humble themselves before Him and acknowledge His Name. ( Psalm 91, Psalm 18).

My prayer requests-

1. Salvation for parents, my sister, in laws, grandma.
  2. For spiritual growth and personal knowledge of Jesus’s love for both our children Amit and Nithin
  3. For Joel and Mary’s marriage to be saved.

Have a blessed prayer time friends!

5 Likes

Asking for prayer for myself. Thank you.

6 Likes

Praise God for his word! Our church is going through a lengthy time of spiritual attack, and we feel discouraged, exhausted, useless. Yet I am beginning to see in Scripture that this is not punishment for us, rather learning to love Jesus no matter what the circumstances are. Our pastor preached at a funeral last week, talking about the reality of the resurrection and hope we have in Jesus. In my part of the country most people would rather have teeth pulled without anesthesia rather than listen to anything about Jesus. We know he has people dying to hear, though, but we can’t see them. Please pray that we fix our eyes on Jesus and not look to be satisfied with ‘results’. I love this group; you are precious in the sight of our Father.

5 Likes

@carolsong88 @Luna
Carol, thanks for accurately conveying the specific needs in your church. I’m so glad that you are in the part of the country where people don’t want to hear about Jesus but you’re doing it anyway. I don’t think it is relegated to just your area but you see it and it bothers you. How the USA needs Jesus.

Luna, I’m not asking for details but is prayer needed for emotional or physical or spiritual health? Do you have some decisions to make? Just a tad more info would be helpful.

3 Likes

@Tim_Ramey All the above pretty much. It’s not something I can give much detail on.

3 Likes

@Luna
Luna, thanks. I will gladly be praying, sister.

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Ramey,

I am praying for you and Nancy, and Jonathan and Kara, this morning. May God continue to give you strength and wisdom in your family and with your business.

3 Likes

I thought of this verse -

“Even though the fig tree have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields be empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He will make me sure footed as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains.” Habakkuk 3:17-19

You know I don’t often find myself rejoicing with no blossoms, no grapes, no olives, and dead flocks. I often just want to cry and ask God why over and over. But, I am drawn to the verses. The writer says even though . . . .I will rejoice and He will make me sure footed and bring me safely over. - That’s precious -

I pray for the power of His sweet presence.
Darlene

5 Likes

@darlene, thanks so much for these words. I have to say, I wonder at times when I am joyful and praising God, if I am doing it partly because he is doing what I want…and the question I ask myself is, will I still praise him when I don’t get what I want? So far, he has shown himself to be more faithful and loving and forgiving than I can ever understand, and his presence makes all the hardship worth going through it.

3 Likes

Carol,
After I wrote the post, I wanted to delete it because I really don’t live these verses. I am much like a spoiled child when my prayers are not answered in the way i want or expect .And, I really did not want you to think i was making light of a hard situation in your church. I understand the struggle. It is real. As I have committed to praying for my kids and those of my dear friends - we are all finding that we can be just at the bottom with discouragement.
Praying for you. Darlene

4 Likes

@darlene – Thank you, faithful sister, for your many posts over these several months. I realize that as followers of Jesus we have constant struggles in the difference between seeing the truth and living the truth; as Paul contrasts in Romans 7, we want to do what is right, but we wind up doing wrong. As I realize this over and over, I come back with two comforts: the Holy Spirit present in me and working, and the realization that I am not the person I was when I surrendered my life to Jesus. I did not take the verses quoted by you as treating my prayer request lightly. I took it as a reminder of the truth. Jesus said, “In the world you have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world.” And as I pray for your kids I pray for you also. And the more I pray for the saints, the more I see how precious they (we) are in the sight of God.

3 Likes

Yes, this is a challenge to faith.
I just listened to a message on this passage last night.
It was a message from the Spirit to gird up the loins of my mind…and to walk in step with the Spirit.

Praise God …He is faithful, He never fails! His love is from everlasting to everlasting.

2 Likes