Colossians 3:11-12

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Fellow Saints,

Please keep in mind that as I post the verses for the week in these two versions, they are not intended that your memorization be relegated to one of the two, or harder yet, both versions! They are intended to catapult you into the verses for the week and have a tool for you to compare verbiage used. Whatever version you use is up to your judgement.

As I post each week, it is as if I am digging shovelfuls of gold from the ground. This week has a partial verse that I could live on and be instructed by and that is that Christ is all and in all. Isn’t that a simple theological concept? (I shouldn’t be sarcastic!)

We can wrestle with whether we should wear the green shirt or the blue shirt but look at what Jesus tells us to clothe ourselves in! He has us dress in a way that He will be seen in us. And then look who He is addressing this to - His holy and beloved! Really? Are You talking to me? Do you know who I really am?

As we digest His Word, it melts out broken, scarred hears and replaces it with a heart that beats like His does. Our identity in Jesus is that it is Him that is see and no longer us. Thank you that it is no longer I who lives but You who lives within me!

John 15 tells us that we didn’t choose Him but He chose us that we should bear fruit and that, as we are wearing the clothes He has us wear, others will be then chosen. He uses us as an instrument to bring others to Him. I can only say what the guy in “The Princess Bride” says and that is, “Inconceivable!”

Here are the gold nuggets for the week:

Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; (KJV)

Colossians 3: 11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.
Colossians 3:12 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience (ESV)

Oh Jesus, please continue to use Your living Word that becomes our very fiber to be used for Your glory. Thank You that You are our Savior, Lord and Friend!

4 Likes

@Bible_Memorization_Group
I’m not sure why this isn’t posting. I entered on Saturday as usual and even now, I only saw that it was up because I received an email notice. I hope that it shows up soon.

In addition to what I said in yesterday’s post, I see verse 12 as nothing but gems as what we put on are attributes of Jesus, we are called holy and beloved, but we are referred to as God’s chosen ones. Sometimes we get down and the enemy tells us that we are forgotten. How can we be if we are God’s chosen ones - chosen ones - can we grasp that. I can’t!

3 Likes

Praise God! This to me is the core message that our world, especially in the splintered U.S, needs to hear the most. The fact that our equality does not come from economical or political standards is the quintessential piece that is missing today.
I recently wrote a letter to the editor on the topic of the removal of a Civil war plaque dedicated to the Confederate soldiers. In it I made the case that the only remedy for hate and discord was the message of Christ and praise God they actually printed it. However as you may expect, it was marginalized as “pie in the sky” and rallied against as a wishy washy antidote that wouldn’t change anything.
Its amazing to think that if I would have given the remedy of more government programs or more education on the subject to curve racist tendencies, it would have been warmly received. It’s too much trouble to admit that the root is in all of our hearts than it is to simply remove a piece of stone.

2 Likes