Colossians 3:25

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Faithful Ones,

An easy verse is here to sew up chapter 3!!! You did it. After this week, we will move on to Colossians 4 but take only 3 weeks so that we only go through verse 6 as the remainder of the chapters are greetings and personal notations and there was a general consensus to forgo those verses.

Following that we agreed to a month or so break to catch up. I still need to look back on the date that we said that we would resume memorizing.

In the meantime, we have had some thoughts for the next chapter to memorize after Colossians. I have thrown out a few ideas and one was just generally Isaiah. I now would whittle that down to be Isaiah 53. I had others as well as did some of you.

At a later point, I will list the current suggestions and we need to head for making a decision so that as our memorization break is up, we’ll know what to move on to.

Hey everyone, I have always been puzzled by this last verse. I don’t have a problem with the verbiage, it just seems like the issue is out of place. Does anyone else see what I mean? Could anyone offer input as how it connects with the verses prior to it? It might just be my problem but if anyone has anything to offer, I’m all ears!

Here’s the conclusion of Colossians 3:

Colossians 3:25 For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality. (ESV)

Colossians 3:25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons. (KJV)

2 Likes

@Bible_Memorization_Group
Sunday, November 24, 2019
Hullo Tim and Nancy and Our Precious Colossians Group,
I continue to review Colossians with The Bible Memory App.
I am working hard to finish The Gospel of John by the end of this year. I am working on John chapters 16 and 17. When we finish Colossians, I am going to keep working on The Gospel of John. Then, I am going to go on to The Gospel of Luke and The Book of Hebrews. A few years ago, I heard Alec Motyer happily say, something like, “We should read something in The Gospels every day, it’s about Jesus.”
I agree with Alec!!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Blessings In The Lord Jesus,
Linnie :dove:

1 Like

I missed your “Hullo” Linda.

I have just finished John 15 as I had done Colossians 3 before we had begun meeting. I review with the group and have loved John 15 but you leave me dizzy with your memorization. It’s probably like the majority of people who say that they cannot learn chapters but my retention is key to me as I don’t want to memorize a chapter and then lose it later. Has the retention been going well with you? I am in awe but I know your post wasn’t meant to wow anyone.

Thanks for staying with us tortoises! When you hear from people for awhile and then they disappear, i want them back but know that my intention is wholesome but it can be perceived as being sentenced with a guilt trip.

1 Like