Colossians 3:5-6

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Beloved Brothers & Sisters

I am in the town I grew up in for our 5.0th high school reunion. So I am early getting this out as I am sandwiching it in between events. Please pray for me - that Jesus is glorified through this vessel this weekend.

The verses for the week are heavy duty. However, they are straightforward. Just do it. We wouldn’t be told to do it if we couldn’t, but as we find out later in the chapter, there is not a void where the old was but it is filled up with the attributes of God.

Apart from our Jesus, we would be grappling all of our lives with trying to live our way, never seeing that it doesn’t work… I love my Lord and desire to bring Him glory. His Words are so precious and hugely used in my life. Try memorizing them as they pop up when you least expect it!

Here they be!

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Colossians 3:6 For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: (KJV)

Colossians 3: 5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry
Colossians 3: 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming.(ESV)

May Jesus touch you in some new ways by using the words that you memorized. I pray that the Holy Spirit would make you see - just as much as Jesus had Bartimeus see.

6 Likes

These two verses should be on the front pages of every news paper.

2 Likes

Amen.

1 Like

Thank you Tim :heart:

2 Likes