Colossians 4:1-2

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Memorizers

We have completed chapter 3 and will only do the first 6 verses in Colossians 4 as the remainder of the chapter consist of final greetings.

The plan is to have 2 more weeks after this to memorize Colossians 4:3-6. Then, we will have a break so we can review. We would resume on January 25th. The chapter or book still needs to be determined.

Could we proceed with this plan once we have finished Colossians 4:6 with the post on December 14th? I will post one chapter per week that we have memorized and/or are reviewing. So the first week I will just post Chapter 3 and since 4 is only 6 verses, I will include those 6 verses. Kelly had suggested that we would post that week anything we thought was significant about that chapter. The next week I will just mention Colossians 2 and we could speak about that chapter as we make sure that we have it down. I will continue posting chapters in the reverse order as we memorized them so that it will be newest chapters and going backwards to the oldest.

On January 25th I will post the new verses from the new book that we agreed to memorize. Thus, I need two things from you. 1) What chapter we memorize next. 2) Your comments about the chapters that we memorized. I still have a question that I posted last week about how I felt that Colossians 3:25 doesn’t seem to fit with the rest of the chapter. It seems stuck in there. Any comments?

Please give me feedback if I have confused you or whether you agree/disagree.

On to chapter 4:

Colossians 4:1 Masters, treat your bondservants justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.
Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. (ESV)

Colossians 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; (KJV)

2 Likes

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Sunday, December 1, 2019
To Our Colossians Group
I know this is not our prayer thread, but I don’t know how to get to our prayer thread.
Please pray for our Dad. He will be 88 years old in April. Dad had heart stent surgery in August 2019. Today, he is in terrible pain with his back. Dad has arthritis in his back. Prayers for him are MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Also, I want to make the encouraging suggestion of memorizing Romans 8 next. I like Tim’s Action Plan For Colossians.

Blessings
Linnie :dove:

1 Like

Linnie, I was in bed all day yesterday and at the ER today. I only mention that because of my late reply.

Of course I’m praying for what you listed. To reach the prayer thread, always put in the scripture verses and then Prayer. So this week, you would go to Colossians 4:1-2 Prayer.

In regard to your Romans 8 suggestion, I normally would be in complete agreement but when we began our memorization, that was the first chapter that we took on. Not everyone on board now did it but I would think that we’d opt for one that is new to everyone. Linnie, I always tell people that if they learn just one chapter, do Romans 8. I love that chapter!

So please post your prayer request on the prayer thread. Hopefully, I’m around now so if you have a question , please get back to me. Please post it there for all to see. I’m tempted to do it for you but think it’d be good practice for you.

1 Like