Colossians 4:3-4

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Memory Kings and Queens
It’s hard to say how many are memorizing but I have said it before but will again and I think there are two issues here.

The first is the belief that you can’t do it and you are right. The way things are now, you will not be able to memorize a chapter. But if you figure out a way to discipline yourself to take a few minutes here and there throughout your day, you can do it. Memorizing some verses just don’t mystically appear in our vocabulary. It takes discipline and that is where you need to decide what is important in life. But when I say discipline, it doesn’t involve cramming it in all day. Rather, it takes some intentional moments. But you can do it and will not regret it.

The second issue is that the Word is so important that the enemy doesn’t want it in your heart. He doesn’t mind a verse or two here and there that are not contextual but to have it in your heart - oh man, that is another issue. I cannot tell you how many times chapters that I memorized in the past and need to review, will contain a verse that pops out out of nowhere in my mind and it is literally God’s Word speaking to me.

We will have the next two Saturdays of posting new verses and after that, we are talking a month break but i will post a learned chapter and ask you to give us your thoughts as to how the Lord has used certain parts of it in your life. See, this is not head stuff that we are talking about, it is has applications to our lives that will change us more than any make-up artist could!

Keep going. I know a few of you for sure have been faithful. I am blessed to be memorizing with you!

Here are the verses for the week:

Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
Colossians 4:4 That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. (KJV)

Colossians 4:3 At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison—
Colossians 4:4 that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. (ESV)

3 Likes