Colossians 4:5-6

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Believers whom I love and care for - PLEASE, PLEASE READ

This is the last post of new verses to memorize for a month. We will have completed Colossians 1, 2, 3 and 4 up to the final greetings and salutations.

For the next month, as I just mentioned, no new memory verses will be posted but I will enter a chapter that we just memorized and ask for questions, comments, new light & insights etc that we would love to engage in. The following week, I’ll post another chapter to review together. The intention of the break is to get caught up in solidifying your chapters that you’ve already memorized but need polishing.

Keep in mind what the next chapter or book is that you’d like to do next. We can discuss that in the weeks ahead.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and it could be healing or disastrous but my intention is for your good and the good of the Kingdom.

Brothers & Sisters, do we really know what that means? It means that as we grow in love with Jesus, we are there for each other and learning as well from one another. We are the most special group in all of the world as we have the Holy Spirit abiding within us. Again, the Holy Spirit of the Living God - God Himself lives in you and me. That means light, conviction, direction, intercession etc. Ans His Word is instrumental to all of this as it is a flashlight that He uses to direct His light on an aspect of our lives.

In other words, as His Body, we need each other - badly. We can’t do it alone. The depth of our relationship with Him is reflected on how we relate to each other. Our love for Jesus results in fellowship with one another. 1John 1:6-7 says, " If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth; but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin."

There 102 of us in this group. My guide has implored me not to lay guilt trips on each other. That is not my intention here as no one is forcing you to be in this group. Maybe during this break, you should seek Jesus and ask Him if He wants you to memorize or at least be involved with the verses others are memorizing and be actively engaged and not a bench warmer. We need you. You have something to offer that not a soul in this whole world has. If you don’t feel led, that is between you and Jesus. I guess I am asking that those that really want to be here do so. If it means that no one wants to keep going, so be it as the Lord has times and seasons for everything. I will keep going even if I have to do it alone.

So could you see where Jesus wants you and if He wants you here, could you occasionally offer something or question a word or verse that would be very helpful to others? I hope that He calls you all to remain but only if that is what He wants. Could you proactively seek Him about direction in this regard? Here are the last new verses for a month:

Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.
Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. (ESV)

Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. (KJV)@Bible_Memorization_Group

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts and He will show you what He wants for you!

1 Like

Amen! :pray:t6::level_slider::latin_cross::pray:t6::level_slider::latin_cross::pray:t6::level_slider::latin_cross:. I want us to continue, I think it is necessary to be in the exercise os memorizing verses and discussing our feedbacks especially in these times. By the way @Tim_Ramey is there a reason you do not post the NIV version?

1 Like

It’s so good to have you along Jason. You are such an encourager - especially for a guy that goes through some bleak moments!

I can post in whatever versions that people prefer. At one time, I asked and no one cared because they memorize from their own versions anyway. I used to post in 3 versions but it made the post longer which makes it not as likely to be read. I’ll post in whatever versions that all prefer. I’ll do the NIV. Any other takers out there?

1 Like