Colton Wyatt

(Colton Wyatt) #1

Hello, my name is Colton Wyatt. I am currently 22 years old and graduated from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) last May. I am living at home at the moment and taking active steps toward pursuing international missions, specifically in the field of Bible translation. I became a follower of Jesus about five and a half years ago, and it was ultimately the Word of God that brought me to faith in Jesus Christ.

I am from the very small town of Chrisman, Illinois, where I am currently living and working as a substitute teacher at the local school district.

I joined Connect because a friend invited me to join. I believe God on faith, but I would like to know more about empirical evidence for the faith, specifically on the relationship between faith and science, and how to apply that knowledge to evangelistic conversations where the other person is more intelligent than myself. I would also like to know more about the place of apologetics in evangelism, as I have sometimes seen it used effectively and other times not so much. Finally, I would love to see some primary sources confirming a lot of the facts and figures I have seen advertised by apologists regarding the reliability of the Scriptures. I love the Word of God and know it is true, but I want to be able to accurately communicate facts about its authenticity and reliability to someone who is a nonbeliever. I have many other, more nuanced questions as well.

At the moment, I’m hoping to be able to learn from others about these questions, as well as provide encouragement to others in finding answers to their questions.

Anyway, that’s my story of how I got on Connect. (From what I’m seeing of the introductions of other users, mine is fairly lengthy!)

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @coltonwyatt1996,

Welcome! I’m so glad you’ve joined.

You’ve raised a number of excellent questions for discussion!

To be able to help you as much as possible, I would recommend you start by searching the community (click on the magnifying glass in the top right) for your questions and reading through the prior conversations. If you find a specific niche or angle not covered, please start a new conversation about your particular question. That will help the community engage in the most intelligent, focused, and caring way with your particular questions.

I’m glad you’re here!

(Olivia Davis) #3

Welcome to Connect, Colton! Thanks for sharing about yourself. I so admire your direction in Bible translation – what a calling!

You’re in the right place to learn more about apologetics! Jump in and I’m sure you’ll benefit from the exchanges with other people – and we’ll also get to learn much from you!