Comparisons of the world's major deities.

I have been doing a lot of research about how Jesus stacks up compared to other major religion “gods”. I was hoping, if you have any descriptive phrases or qualities that you know about these other religions gods, then you would share them. I started a list below of just the main ones (we do have to narrow things down a little, haha) and I’m hopeful to learn more about how Jesus really is the best way.

Jesus - perfect, sinless, lamb of God, cannot lie, humble sacrifice, prophet, personal

Krishna flirtatious, (I think he lied at some point), the supreme

Allah highest quality is omnipotence (his power is even allowed to over shadow his justice), oneness

Brahman universal, impersonal

There are obviously many many adjectives that can be used for each of these persons, but I’m sort of looking for the most important comparative qualities of each. Thank you for the help in advance!

@DeAnna_Collins
There are several books out concerning World Religions that I have found to be helpful in this area that can be bought on Amazon. I would get one that is primarily written for College Level Studies in the field of Sociology or Anthropology. There are several Christian Books on the subject, but I prefer to use books that are written from a non-religious point of view when ascertaining facts about a religion (or actually reading material from the subject religion as well). There are excellent Christian Authors on the subject of different religions (such as Ravi Zacharias and Walter Martin) on the subject. I would encourage reading these 2 authors or viewing them on YouTube as well.

As to Major Religion God’s, you mentioned 4 and I will add to your list as well as to your descriptions

1. Jesus: Jesus is God in the Christian Religion. Christianity views God as Creator distinct from and outside of His Creation. God created all and God totally controls all. Christianity believes in a Triune God which is One God but 3 distinct Co-Equal Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (See The Shield of the Trinity which I use for my identifier in this website). Jesus is the Second Person of the Triune God. Jesus, The Son, became fully Man and lived as a Man on earth. Christianity is a religion of Absolutes and Grace rooted in an absolute Perfect God.

2. Brahma and Krishna: These both are Gods of Hinduism. Hinduism also believes in a Trinity, but it is a Trinity of 3 Gods: Brahma (Creator), Vishnu (Preserver), and Shiva (Death). Krishna is a Sub-God that lived in human form and is often compared to Jesus because he lived as a human. Hinduism does not believe in God(s) that are distinct from creation. They believe creation and God(s) are ultimately One. Consequently, they do not believe that creation had a distinct beginning separate from God; rather they believe that creation (particularly physical creation) flowed out of God and will return to God. Hinduism is essentially a religion of mysticism rooted in gods of mystery.

3. Allah: Allah is God in Arabic meaning All Perfect One. It is similar to the word Yahweh in Hebrew meaning I Am or Self-Existent One. The 2 words have essentially the same meaning. Islam does not believe in a Triune God. That said they do believe in a God that is separate and outside the universe. Islam believes that there are other Prophets beside Mohamed for other peoples. As an example Moses for the Jews and Jesus for the Christians and Buddha for the Buddhists. They also believe that Mohamed was the culmination of these prophets. However, they also have some influence of Hinduism in their belief system. Islam is about 40% Judaism, 25% Christian, 20% Hinduism, and 15% other along with unique beliefs. Judaism and Islam have similarities, but Judaism is distinct in that it holds there are no other true Prophets except those of Judaism (Note that most Jews consider Jesus to be a Prophet or Rabbi). Islam and Judaism to a large extent are religions of Obedience also rooted in an absolute Perfect God.

4. Atheist Humanism: Despite claiming to be atheist this religion is also a belief system. It raises the human mind and reason to virtual god status and science as well. Generally, most hold to Stoicism as a honorable practice and take Do unto other as you would have them do to you as a guiding command. However, they also believe that this life on earth is all that is and generally hold strongly to Existentialism. The thinkers, like Niche, tend to become despondent. Generally, I would put Confucianism in this category. Atheism is a religion of Existentialism and the Natural

5. Shintoism, Wicca, Paganism, and Nature Worship: Shintoism worships Kami which is the expression of all Nature as do all the others listed (though they use different names). Generally. this group has a high moral standard and worship/honor their ancestors. The group usually believes in Reincarnation, but not as in Hinduism where the end is Nirvana. This group believes in reincarnation to be a continuance into a never-ending future that results in intimacy with their ancestors and nature. Wicca is not unique in its practice of magic as virtually all in this group believe that nature can be controlled with the proper mind focus. Nature/Ancestral Religions are religions of honor and harmony with nature.
    Hope this helps
    Dan

Thank you so much for all the information. When I have begun my studies of comparisons to world religions I’ve realized, there really aren’t that many options! Plus, you get even fewer options when you don’t even consider religions that have not claimed to be divinely inspired. When I think about Buddhism (and I don’t intend what I say in a rude way), but I really do think to myself, “People follow this guy?! He didn’t claim to be God and he even claimed that there was no God. What’s the point?”

Thanks again for your help. Have a great evening.

When you speak of not understanding why people follow certain beliefs, I am always amazed that well educated women are attracted to Islam. One of the most interesting conversations I had was at a barbeque party while I was in Algeria. (I worked there for 12 years) There were about 30 people there including about 8 Algerian women professionals primarily in geology. The night wore down and they were in a group talking with each other. I was engaged by them into the conversation. The subject of religion came up and I asked them why they were Muslim as they clearly felt oppressed in their society. They primarily answered that it was their heritage and that it would be impossible for any of them to live in Algeria if they choose to become part of another religion. Just something interesting.
Dan