Connect Group

(Vili) #1

Hi all
I’ll be doing a Connect Group in my high school, for any Christians that want to come along and just share the word of God and connect. The thing is, I don’t think that there are actually people in the school that are devout (due to the Secular Culture) and the rest are pretty skeptical about the faith. What tips would you provide?

P.s. How does one set apart Christ as Lord in their Hearts? Also, I’m not an Apologist, just your average dude, and I’ve only started a couple of weeks back on “How to Read the Bible for All it’s Worth” by Gordon D Fee (Basic Hermeneutics).

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @AlphaOmega,

Welcome! If you can only find 2-3 other Christians, I think the Everyday Questions material would be helpful to prepare your hearts for reaching out to other students at your school. (https://www.rzim.org/training/small-group-curriculum/about-curriculum).

The curriculum encourages this as well, but I would say that spending time together, having open and trusting lives with one another, praying for God to work mightily through your lives, and encouraging one another with the Bible are really important.

For now, ask God to show you who else at the school is following Christ. You might be surprised to find that there are others who have the same heart as you, but have no idea how to meet another Christian. Even putting up fliers with a contact email to gauge interest, and then scheduling a meeting with those who respond, could get something started.

If there really are no other Christians at your school, then we would be glad to support you as you start an evangelistic small group for people who are curious about Jesus.

(Vili) #3

Hey Carson

Sorry, but I just realised that since it’s near the end of the year, everyone in school would be more concerned with their own troubles (exams, holidays, relaxing, etc.) than they would about the group. We tried doing it last week, but despite advertising and putting it up on the announcements, nobody really showed. I’m thinking maybe we should’ve pressed it earlier this term, and not on the late bit, but this is a good learning experience though. If, however, there is some response from my counsellor and my cousin that say otherwise, I might try presenting the Why Series, just to clear some faulty assumptions.

Sorry for the trouble, but will keep you up to date,
Vili