Cover to Cover Season 2 Starts October 18!

@Interested_In_Cover_to_Cover , Season 2 of Cover to Cover launches next Friday, October 18!

We are very excited to spend the next 9 weeks working through Sam Allberry’s book, 7 Myths About Singleness. This book is short but powerful – it’s an easy one to read along with! Whether you’re single (like me) or married (like @Shawn_Hart), this book has some challenging and encouraging words for you.

New episodes will release every Friday. Just like last season, we will include any references from the podcast in notes here as well. There are loads of great questions posed in the book that we hope will make their way onto Connect as our conversations move from week to week!

We’re really looking forward to the conversations. Let’s see what God has in store for us with Season 2!

7 Myths About Singleness by Sam Allberry

10 Likes

YES!!! I’ve already started reading, and this book is dynamite so far. …although I think Shawn and Ivy could make the yellow pages sound appealing.

3 Likes

Hello Ivy @Ivy_Tyson
Thank you for doing a great program @Interested_In_Cover_to_Cover
I will love to follow this episode to the end. Cover to Cover is really amazing :clap:t6::purple_heart::purple_heart:

More Grace

3 Likes

@Interested_In_Cover_to_Cover, please note the date change: Season 2 actually launches next Friday, October 18! Sorry for the confusion! If you’re planning to get the book to read along, you have another week!

4 Likes

That’s so great to hear! I ordered the book yesterday right away and was thinking about how I could make time to read it since I will be away for exhausting classes this weekend starting Friday! So looking forward to this! Thanks, Ivy!

3 Likes

You’re so kind, Carol! I think the yellow pages might be beyond our reach. (Unless we got Sam to rewrite them for us first. Think we could talk him into it?) Thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Ivy_Tyson, I’m not being flattering. Okay, maybe a little. But I have had such trouble trying to talk to people about Jesus that I’ve been praying for the Spirit to unwind my tightly-knit defenses. So when I heard you and Shawn give examples of conversations you’ve had I was very excited, thinking I can learn to do that. Last Sunday there was a street fair, and I decided to walk around and listen first and then talk. I won’t claim a miraculous success, and I may never feel truly comfortable talking to strangers, but I know that the Holy Spirit preparing opportunities and guiding talks is under-rated by us Christians. You may think that you and Shawn are delving into the implications of issues coming up in the books, but you’re really doing a lot more. Thank you.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this! Will be following with you guys when you start and discuss each week with some friends :smile:

4 Likes

I can’t wait for this book!!! I finished it on Audio and now have it ordered from Amazon. Too good to not have a copy I can make notes, underline, and dog ear. This book gave voice to so many of my unspoken feelings and I’m certain to get more the 2nd time around with Ivy’s & Shawn’s thoughtful commentary.

2 Likes

Thanks, @lewisandrew! We appreciate you following along with us. We hope it is as formative of a time for you as it has been for us. Sam has really written a treasure.

Shawn

2 Likes

@carolsong88 you are so encouraging. Thank you for your words and for your vulnerable sharing. It is hard ot describe the feeling of joy I get from getting a glimpse into your life in what you have shared. What a way to celebrate the launch of Season 2!

Also, I don’t know how interesting we could make the yellow pages, but I am pretty sure that hearing us attempt to read the “X” section of the yellow pages would at least be entertaining.

Thanks for being a part of Cover to Cover with us!

Shawn

1 Like

@WorshipGod, thanks for your encouraging words! We record these episodes and pray for them to have some kind of kingdom impact so it is great to know you enjoy listening.

Blessings!
Shawn

1 Like

This is great to hear @Ter. The print copy has the added appendix with four application points on avoiding sexual sin. It is a very valuable section and we go through it in the last episode. I also really enjoyed the audiobook as we went through it…even though the narrator doesn’t know how to pronounce “Marmite”. I think Sam would be offended if he knew this so I am waiting for the right time to tell him. :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a part of Cover to Cover with us.

Blessings!

Shawn

1 Like

@psalm151ls, I am glad to hear the delay works to your advantage. I too had a really crazy and exhausting weekend finishing up my final class in my education journey (for now at least). I hope you enjoy the book and the podcast. After going through the book, I am convinced that every church should have their small groups go through it. I am so glad we chose this book because I think we really need to steep ourselves in it.

Blessings!
Shawn

2 Likes

Oh funny, I didn’t catch that though as I just looked up the definition🤪. One thing I wish people knew about this book is that it isn’t just for singles- soooo much good info for marrieds as well. Can’t wait for my evening hour long commute- Cover to Cover fills the time well.

Be Blessed