Cris Avery

Say hello… My name is Cris Avery

Where are you from? I’m from the Southwestern Virginia, originally from the Philippines

What led you to join Connect? I am a supporter of RZIM , I’ve been watching Dr Zacharias youtube channel then listening to podcast (Let My People Think, Just thinking)

How do you hope to contribute? I already do financially. I am not a biblical scholar, so I don’t know what else I can contribute.

6 Likes

Nice to meet you Cris!

1 Like

Hi @Cristina_Avery! Welcome! Glad you are here!

You could at least contribute by asking a great question!

2 Likes

I have a nephew who is asking a lot of questions that I don’t feel equipped to answer. He believes in God but since his sister suddenly died last summer, he’s asking why God allowed that to happen. I sent him a link of Ravi’s Youtube of his talk on the Problem of Suffering and the Goodness of God talk at Johns Hopkins. And a link to RZIM. Can I go ahead and send him the link to RZIM Connect so he can ask questions there?

Joshua_Hansen
RZIM Connect Moderator

December 21

Hi @Cristina_Avery! Welcome! Glad you are here!

You could at least contribute by asking a great question!

3 Likes

Absolutely!! Please do. It would be a privilege for the community to minister to and pray for him during this difficult time.

Praying for him and his family already.

1 Like

Hi Cris,

I read your introduction and I want to thank you for supporting RZIM financially. You mentioned that you don’t know what else to contribute and wanted to encourage you to think about helping those through what you’ve learned in Christ regarding some of the tough everyday questions people have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Cristina_Avery. So glad you have joined connect. Your question show that you care so much. What can you offer? Care, like the love and commitment shown to your nephew. Please participate as often as you are able. You will be blessed and so will we. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Welcome Cris! I’m so glad you found Connect and were able to join. I do hope your nephew can find comfort in the answers he may receive to his questions. It must be so hard for him to lose his sister. And I just want to encourage you in that you may find that you can contribute some of your own perspectives and experiences from time to time on this forum. You don’t have to be a scholar to share answers to some of the questions you’ll read. But it is nice that many of the things you’ll read on here are from some scholarly people! It’s an encouraging place to learn. :blush:

2 Likes