Danny Loke

Hi all, Greetings !!

I am from Singapore and have recently completed the core module of RZIM Academy. I am grateful for the course as it timely reminded and redirected me back to the foundations and core of my faith in Christ during this sabbatical journey that I am in.

I hope that I will be able to participate, share and encourage all who are in this journey and call to know God and make Him known.

7 Likes

Hi @dannyloke1976, welcome to connect :slightly_smiling_face: and congratulations on completing the course. I felt the same way when I took it. What was your most profound lesson? Looking forward to reading more from you :pray:t3:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @dannyloke1976. Thank you for coming alongside us and connecting. I am glad you enjoyed the core module. I am excited when a Academy alarm joins connect because of the fundamentals that you are able to share with new members that join. You will be a blessing to many here I am sure. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Thanks for joining in, Danny! Are you a pastor in Singapore?

Kevin

2 Likes

Hi Danny! Welcome to connect! I’m your neighbor from Malaysia.
Great to hear that you enjoyed the core module. Which part of the course did you find most challenging?
Hope to learn from you.

3 Likes

Hi Kevin,

Nope. I’m not a pastor. I worked in a Christian charitable organisation previously.

2 Likes

Hi Sig,

There are a few lessons that I found profound and offered new understandings to me. Thus I can’t say which is the most profound for me. I enjoyed the lessons on the Trinity and also the lessons on the various worldviews.

4 Likes

Hi neighbour,

The most challenging part of the course is in the part that we are to hold back or suspend our “beliefs” and judgment when we engaged persons with different worldviews. The course really reminded me that when we engaged and share about the gospel, we have to bear in mind on the questioner and not just providing the right answers. This is something that I am still learning and to practice the activie listening and not to be quick to answer.

5 Likes

I agree totally that ‘suspending’ our beliefs was the hardest for me when I did the interview.
It was a good training for me to really listen to other worldviews and to learn about what or why people believe what they believe without being judgmental.

Regards!

4 Likes

Hello Danny @dannyloke1976
You are most welcome to connect. It is a pleasure receiving alumni home and it’s also amazing how the core module continues to impact lives. Now here is connect, explore and engage and let’s grow in Christ to maturity. I love Singapore.
Looking Forward to reading your contributions.
Grace

3 Likes

Hey Danny!

Good to see you on here!

2 Likes