David Haven

Hello everyone, my name is David Haven and I live
In Alabama. RollTide! I had heard Ravi Zacchaeus on the radio years ago and thoroughly enjoyed hearing and speak. Several weeks ago I was unable to sleep so I open YouTube on my iPhone And was listening to a preacher out of California. The next in line was a video of Ravi Zacharias. Again I thoroughly enjoyed hearing him speak in the content of his message so I listened to more and that led me to Connect!
What I can take away will probably be far more than what I can contribute but I hope to be able to do both. Thank you

Where are you from?

What led you to join Connect?

How do you hope to contribute?

6 Likes

Hello David,
It says work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. That said, your unique perspective will be welcome as well as others perspectives. I for one look forward to hearing yours also as we seek truth.
God be praised
Mike

3 Likes

Nice to meet you David!

2 Likes

Welcome! I love the story of how you got here. It is amazing how things line up sometimes.

You may find this helpful!

2 Likes

Thank you

Thanks jon!

Hi @DavidKH, welcome! I loved reading how you came to know about connect. It made me smile and think it may not have been just a coincidence :slightly_smiling_face: It’s great to have you here and I look forward to reading more from you should you choose to engage. Enjoy browsing.

2 Likes

Thanks so much sig! It’s great to be here! I’m looking forward to learning and hopefully will have something to offer as well.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @DavidKH. So glad the Grand Weaver led you to connect. What was the content from Ravi that got you to want to dig deeper and join a site like connect? I hope you enjoy the discussions. The more you engaged the more you will be blessed. God-bless you and your journey.

Hi Keith @DavidKH
Welcome to connect

I love take-away especially food for the body and the soul. I tell you you are free to take all awayhahaha
Dr Ravi has been a blessing and a mentor to me as well.
Explore engage and enjoy the family’s wealth.
The Kingdom of God is for you and me.
With love
Blessings

1 Like

I came to Christ back in 1976 when a teenager in high school. The first year or two we’re the most dynamic for me but I was young in the faith and through all these years since I’ve been in church but I really kind of feel that I’ve been like Moses and the children of Israel wandering in the wilderness. I’ve drifted in apathy and non-commitment to Christ in a kind of spiritual paralysis . Lately I sense Christ calling me to a deeper walk and a “first love“ relationship with him. I’m going to follow. I feel like God was using Ravi to draw me closer to His side. I’ve listened to many of Ravi’s messages lately but the one that really spoke to me was titled, I think, “Though the fig tree does not bloom”. I’m going through his book The Logic Of God Right now and even though each chapter is short the content of each one provides much food for thought. Perhaps I feel God calling me closer to Him because that day is getting closer and the times of marginal Christianity are coming to an end. A deeper, closer walk with the Lord is what I want and what I hope to be able to help others with also. Thank you, David

2 Likes

Hello David! Welcome! Nice to meet you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s really great to be here

2 Likes

Hello David,

It’s an amazing thing to read your journey to RZIM connect.
This is a global family and it has really blessed my life in ways I cannot describe.

I know you’ll find here very engaging and resourceful.
Welcome again brother.

3 Likes

Welcome David! It’s good to have you here on Connect. Your perspective will be much valued as a unique member of the body of Christ. I hope you enjoy the community here! :blush:

3 Likes

Based upon what you have written I truly believe that God is calling you close. What a great calling! I pray that you have the discernment to hear and the perseverance to be able to share the gospel and your heart with those you come in contact with as well as those that are here at connect. Thank you for all that you do.

2 Likes

Thankyou!

Thanks so much!

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I look forward to being a part of this community as we all journey through life. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! Great to meet you too!