David Nunn

Say hello…May the grace of God be with you all! I am glad to be here…

I was born in Kennett, MO, Raised in Independence, MO, by a minister in the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I left that church just before entering the service. While in Germany, I had an experience that caused me to search for the right path to God. I am now a ‘non-denominational’ Christian, who happens to attend a Baptist Church . I currently live in Robinson, KS.

What led you to join Connect?
I have listened to Ravi on Bott Radio Network for several years, and enjoyed his word. I saw this group in my feed and decided to check it out.

How do you hope to contribute?
Replying to posts, I will be honest with my interpretations, I don’t mean to offend anyone, but I will not soften my interpretations to avoid it.
I may occasionally add a post if my own.

5 Likes

Hello, David, and welcome to Connect. :slight_smile: Thanks for your military service. It’s great to hear how the Lord has worked in your life and how you are on a journey like us all to know Him more deeply. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

2 Likes

Hi David! @Dave_Nunn
So glad you’ve joined :relaxed:

Thanks for sharing a bit of your story of finding truth after being raised in the church of the LDS.
It’s so neat - the way God used an experience in Germany to cause you to search for the right path.

You’re an encouragement to all of us that the Holy Spirit is at work and speaking to the hearts of those in need of the Truth.

I hope you enjoy looking around, and checking out the many great topics here- feel free to chime in as you feel led!

1 Like

David,

Nice to meet you and glad you’ve joined. I pray you’ll benefit from the iron sharpening iron opportunity the community offers, as we all seek to become more like Jesus.

Is it ok to ask what happened in Germany that caused you to search for the right path?

Kevin

Hello David, you have an interesting story. Yes, sometimes you make special experiences when you leave your familiar environment. I’m glad that you have found the right way to God (and that in my home country :wink:). To speak of HIM in an honest and clear yet friendly way is also the concern of many here.

My dad taught me Bible in my youth. I am a P. K. (Preacher’s Kid), When I left his church after H. S. Graduation, I started leaving God. I decided dad drug me to church all those years, I was going to go my own way for a while.
In Germany, in the Army, I was on a weekend pass, drunk out of my head, hitchhiking on the Autobahn, at night! The Cadillac that hit me was only doing 90mph.

When I woke up in hospital, and realised how close I had come to dying, I started remembering the things my dad had taught me growing up. I found a Bible and started searching out the true path to God.

Proverbs 22:6 has taken on a whole new meaning for me.
"Train up a child in way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it. "

1 Like

Ist zie ein Duetchlander?

Holy! Mackerel! Brother! That is crazy. It’s a wonder you survived that. Grace of God, for sure. I am thankful for you and grateful to God that He tracked you down and led you into His kingdom. I bet there are other amazing parts to your story too.

My dad’s family emigrated generations ago from the Bremen area (so I have been told). I think the family name was Stoeffel then but when Germans and German things were hated early last century they changed it to distance themselves from the stigma. I know next to nothing about our German heritage - my family wanted to blend into the melting pot and not stand out, it seems.

Thanks for sharing that background. Hope you have a good week!

Kevin

Ja, ich wohne in Deutschland :de: :+1: Thank God you survived that accident and came to him.

I was in Aschaffenburg, Germany for one year in the Army. The Autobahn I was on runs between Landstuhl and Kauserslautern.

NOT a good place to be on foot!