David Sim

Hello! It’s exciting to be part of a new Christian community.

Where are you from?
I’m from Scotland, and I live not too far from Loch Ness!

What led you to join Connect?
I enjoy watching Ravi, and I’ve found the Ask Away podcasts particularly helpful.

How do you hope to contribute?
I hope to be able to share what I’ve learned. I come from the perspective of being a convinced atheist in the past… I’m now training for Ministry in the Church of Scotland!

8 Likes

Hello, David, and welcome to Connect! Is there an Ask Away podcast that has particularly stood out to you? It’s great to hear of how God has worked in your life, and how you are allowing him to work in others through you as a minister. Looking forward to reading more from you here!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Davidrsim. So glad to have you connecting with us. What a great transformation. What was the primary moving of the Hol Spirit that drew you? Would love to read your testimony. There is a category for testimonies. Best to you in your training and God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hi David! @Davidrsim :relaxed:
So glad you’ve joined!
Wow- you live near Lock Ness- very cool.
I studied in England for a semester, but never made it up to Scotland- sounds like a beautiful place!

Your zeal and joy in the Lord is felt through your intro- so happy for you to have found Christ after those years of being a convinced atheist.

I have so much hope when I hear of stories like yours…I currently have a good friend who says she is atheist. Thanks for encouraging me (without even knowing it!) to continue in prayer for her and reaching out- as there’s nothing impossible for God.

Enjoy the forums, and chiming into conversation as you feel led!

3 Likes

Welcome to Connect, @Davidrsim! It’s good to have some more Scots on here. I spent two-and-a-half years doing youth work in Nairn, and I sure do miss that part of the world! Every time I go back, my soul feels at home. :slight_smile:

Also love that you’re training for ministry. We hope this community can be one that strengthens and encourages you through that journey and on into the next! Blessings to you!

3 Likes

Hi @KMac , I actually live near Forres… Inverness is an easier landmark in an international forum! I’m originally from Aberdeen; it’s a stunning part of the world. Good to meet you and thanks for the welcome!

3 Likes

Hi @HeidiMitchell. Thanks for the welcome . I’m glad my (brief) testimonial helps. I was never the militant sort of atheist, but I would have viewed myself as a humanist if anything. God clearly had other ideas (much to my surprise!) Keep praying!

2 Likes

Thanks @Keldon_Scott for the welcome. I was always questioning, and the Spirit started guiding me and giving answers. A big shout out to Tim Keller; one of his books pushed me over the edge into belief.

2 Likes

Hi @Brittany_Bowman1. I love all the episodes… it’s my favourite podcast. Are proof and faith contradictory is a highlight, although the most recent on prayer was very helpful too.

2 Likes

Welcome David! It’s great to have you join us as we all grow together and share our journeys. I just love how God is knitting this group together. We all have pieces of the puzzle that will help encourage one another along the way. My husband and I are coming to Scotland, from Michigan, in just two weeks. We’re starting in Crail where I have at least 300 years of ancestry. Our associate pastor and his wife are joining us and later in the month are running the Loch Ness Marathon! It’s such a beautiful part of the world you are blessed to call home!

2 Likes

Hi David welcome to the family. Good to have you here on connect.

3 Likes

Oh fantastic! Sounds like you’ve picked a wonderful place to start! I ran the Loch Ness 10k last year - the surroundings help carry you along. I don’t think I could manage the marathon, though. I’ll be thinking about you all!

3 Likes

Thanks Gwe - lovely to meet you on here. It’s wonderful how we’re all being brought closer together as one family, one body!

3 Likes