Deanne Celeste

(Deanne Fuentes) #1

Hello, everyone :slight_smile:

I’m from Bay Area, California.

I just turned 21. I’m currently enrolled in a local community college as a Fine Art major, but have been thinking about changing it to something else, or putting my studying to a halt until I figure out what I should do (while working). I desire to understand God more, and to please Him in all I do, I really desire to live for Him correctly, but have been realizing that its easier to say it than do it. I’m at a point where I’ve been relentlessly questioning whether I’m living the Christian life right. I’m confused, and I feel lost.

I found this community through googling a question about a certain speaker, and the responses posted have helped me out.

I’ve watched a handful of Ravi Zacharias videos in the past and even one of his daughter’s, and I’ve followed Nabeel Qureshi’s journey on Youtube. I check Desiringgod daily. Its nice to have a community like this where questions are being thoughtfully answered.

I hope to contribute with thoughtful, biblically sound answers someday, but right now I’ll probably be contributing questions, and I’ll definitely be reading through current and past discussions.

<3

(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Celese. :smiley: Thanks for joining us here. I can certainly relate on desiring to know and please God, yet struggling while still in the flesh, and I appreciate your humility in sharing. We can rest in the promise of 2 Corinthians 12:9 that Christ’s power is made perfect in our weakness. I look forward to hearing from you on the threads.

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @deannefuentes,

Welcome! It will be a gift to have you contribute questions - these spark all of us to learn and grow. As @matthew.western put it recently,

I love RZIM connect because someone says something about a bible passage I’ve never heard before or havnt thought about in that way and I go ‘hang on that doesn’t sound quite right’ and go check it for myself. It has the effect of growing my faith.

I look forward to how your posts help all of us grow in faith!