Death and grief books?

I am looking for a book that will help someone go through grief. Thank you

1 Like

My heart aches for your friend and I hear your hearts desire to minister to your her/him.
After 42 yrs of marriage my husband went home to heaven 17 months ago. In seeking answers and comfort I read many books on this subject; here is a list of my very favorites:
-A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser- this was the first book I began only a few days into the journey and could only handle bite size pieces at first cuz I was in a complete fog. A very gentle and comforting book.
-Hope in the Dark by Craig Groeschel
-The Comeback by Louie Giglio
-Walking Through Twilight by Douglas Groothuis
-A Grief Observed by CS Lewis
-Why Suffering by Ravi & Vince Vitale
-Mourning and Dancing by She Reads Truth- this one was a true turning point in my journey through grief. It’s a 14 day journal journey of writing your own lament- it was a very powerful and deeply spiritual experience for me.
If I may give some advice from my own experience- I found in their love and concern for me many people tried to relieve my pain. This was NOT a comfort but a hindrance. I quickly had to learn to surrounded myself with people that didn’t try to fix my pain but instead those who made themselves available to walk with me on in journey through the pain. I pray that our Lord Jesus will equip you with an abundance of quiet gentle love that will overflow into the heart of your hurting friend.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for me. I will check out those books. God bless.