Deb Tavares

Hello, I’m Deb from Pacific City, Oregon. I hope to contribute a perspective of living the Christian faith in the arena of a public alternative high school; service to aging parents; and community service volunteers. My hope is to connect with those who have relied on the wisdom of God and the sacrificial and empathetic ways of Jesus. In connecting, I hope to offer and receive strength, joy and encouragement to finish the race set before us.

Where are you from?

What led you to join Connect?

How do you hope to contribute?

6 Likes

Hello, Debra, and welcome to Connect. :slight_smile: It’s great to hear of your heart to reach the broken in our world. Are there specific examples that come to mind of when you were able to shine Christ’s light in others’ lives? I’d love to hear them.

4 Likes

Hi Debra! @dtdebster

So glad you’ve joined us :relaxed:

I love this:

It sounds like you have some great experience in a variety of areas- I see you are a teacher! What does a public alternative high school look like? My husband teaches in a public high school- and I know it is a mission field!

2 Likes

Hello @dtdebster, it’s so nice to meet you. It appears you will have some good insight to offer us here. Please feel free to join in the conversations. Enjoy browsing through the topics :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like