Debate: milk first or cereal first

I don’t want to spark controversy right out of the gate, but let’s be honest, one of these ways is clearly wrong.

Are you one of the law-abiding, reasonable, hard-working majority who pours your cereal first and THEN the milk?

Or are you a godless anarchist who lives only to sow chaos and destruction?

PS if your cereal spread even as remotely fancy as this, your opinion deserves extra weight because you’re clearly playing in a different league.

10 Likes

Look, hear me out. What if there was a third way? A way that didn’t cause needless division and dissension. A way that meant the cereal on the bottom didn’t get soggy, but neither does the cereal on the top? WHABAM, CEREAL BOWL! Milk on one side, cereal on the other, and you dip the cereal in the milk so EVERY BITE IS FRESH! I’m not saying I’m right. I’m just saying I’m not wrong.

22 Likes

@Kasey_Leander, is this question only about the FIRST bowl of cereal or do the rules change for the SECOND or THIRD bowl???

11 Likes

This is a critical distinction, @CarsonWeitnauer! First bowl cereal first for sure! Second bowl is ok to break this rule, but topping up the milk is only done after second portion of cereal is poured.
Shawn

9 Likes

This is a VERY good point.

2 Likes

I concur, Shawn. This is the most diplomatic answer.

5 Likes

I like my cereal warm so I microwave my milk hahaha, and than I put the cereal in which is the only reason why I put milk first because I like warm milk with my cereal.

10 Likes

This idea just changed my life to be honest. You best believe I’m microwaving my milk tomorrow for my frosted flakes!!!

6 Likes

Definitely milk first for me. @Matthew_Mittelberg I don’t know about that bowl, you run the risk of eating stale cereal, which is worse than soggy cereal, I think. I’m not saying I’m right…

I like my milk extra cold for my cereal, so I would take the milk out of the fridge, pour it in a bowl, and put the bowl in the freezer.:grin:

9 Likes

I’m a milk first… but I didn’t realise cereal first was even an option!! I’m gonna try that out… ^ ^ on my way to be a godless anarchist who sows chaos and destruction!! :smile:

3 Likes

Milk first obviously! The cereal loses its crunch if not. The rule applies to ALL potential bowls of cereal. :smile:

4 Likes

You guys! These are some controversial views!! I can’t believe how much I am learning about cereal from all of you! @emily.fernanda.argueta, warm milk sounded so disgusting when I first read you comment. However, once @Jose_Conde mentioned warm milk with Frosted Flakes, my mind was changed. That actually sounds really good. I would love to try this with Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Shawn

5 Likes

Haha yasss!!!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what most people say at the beginning but I encourage people to try it for themselves to see what they think . Haha

5 Likes

Cereal first is the only true way to get a bowl of cereal. If you put the cereal in first you can fit more cereal into the bowl. When you put milk in first, most of the cereal will float on the surface. However, when you put the cereal in first, the milk is able to cover all of the cereal as it seeps down through the cereal. Also if you like soggy cereal, this is the best method.

6 Likes

Solid Theology my dude!

4 Likes

Cereal first so that you can know how much cereal you put in and so that the cereal will retain its crispiness longer while in the milk.

5 Likes

Cereal first because if you pour milk then cereal, the cereal will causes tiny splashes when it hits the milk, thus causing a milk spill…

3 Likes

Why have milk and cereal together? It just makes the flakes soggy! I pour my cereal in a bowl, then pour my milk in a cup. Scoop the cereal into your mouth with a spoon and take a sip of cool milk from my cup! Crunchy cereal, ReFresh-ing milk, no mixing and no mess :rofl:

4 Likes

exactly.

1 Like