Delton Davis

(Delton) #1

Hi, my name Delton
Originally from TN and currently reside in California. I teach instrumental music and I perform with various artists as a percussionist. I also have a passion for languages and exploring various cultures. Recently finished the core module and I was able to grow in so many ways. Joining Connect is a great way for me to continue to grow and be equipped for what God has for me. For now, I’m enjoying reading the questions and responses and hopefully I can contribute in some type of way to the discussions. My goal is to create a small group in my area and have open discussions about the big questions in life from a biblical world view.

9 Likes
(Sieglinde) #2

Welcome @deltond! I pray your small group is up and running soon :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #3

Welcome to Connect, Delton. :smiley: It’s wonderful to hear of your passion to begin a small group. I’m certain your music students are blessed to have you as a teacher.

3 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #4

Welcome, Delton!

3 Likes
(Delton) #5

@sig @Brittany_Bowman1 @HeidiMitchell Thank you all for your kind words. The goal is to start this summer. I’m grateful to be teaching music…

4 Likes
(Dan Schmidt) #6

Hi Delton,
I am a former music teacher. Glad to know you are still teaching in that field.
Dan

4 Likes
(Delton) #7

What grades did you teach? I’m love sharing my passion about music with the students.

1 Like
(Dan Schmidt) #8

I have taught K-12, even in CA. Music is one of the best disciplines to teach. Every core subject can utilize music to deepen understanding. I do miss that part of it but I really enjoy being a superintendent now.

(Delton) #9

Awesome. I know it’s a different world being a superintendent. Yes…I like when I walk into a core class to observe and they’re playing music in the background. I teach my students that are mouths are instruments and the words that come from it is music. Then I go into that we should uplift vs put down.

2 Likes
(Dan Schmidt) #10

Those are great ideas to instill in every learner. Stay in touch. Good luck in the classroom.

2 Likes