Derek Viljoen

Say hello…

Where are you from?
I live in Round Rock, Texas for the last 14 years. I was raised in Clementon, NJ outside of Philadelphia. I was born in South Africa to a pastor. My mother was American and we moved back to the States when I was two.

What led you to join Connect?
I’m a huge Ravi groupie. I’m a adult Bible class teacher.

How do you hope to contribute?
Not going to be so presumptuous as to say I can contribute anything. I’m just interested in learning.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @dviljoen. Please be presumptuous. Texans have huge hearts. Couple that with groupie status with Ravi and bible study leadership you have a lot to offer. What study have you been part of lately. Would love to hear. I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hello, Derek and welcome to Connect. :slight_smile: I’m certain you can contribute- even if it’s in a way you might not expect. We each have valuable gifts to serve God with, and you might be surprised how yoursfits in here.

4 Likes

Hi Derek! Thanks for introducing yourself. I lived in Cedar Park, Texas as a child and once we took a field trip to see the actual “Round Rock” that the city was named after! It was smaller than I anticipated, haha!

It sounds like you have a lot to offer as a Bible class teacher! We would value your insights on all those tough Bible questions - and anything else :slight_smile:

Welcome to Connect!

3 Likes

Welcome Derek,
Love how humble you are, the more you learn the more you realize how little you actually know😂
Best greetings from South Africa.

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like